Job Description:We are one of the most successful domains at T-Mobile. We're growing every year and doing great things every day. We are accountable for every single transaction. The candidate should be a team player who likes to collaborate and mentor others on the team with prior experience in mentoring and leading Engineers. As a principal engineer, successful candidate will have opportunity to Design/Architect and develop some of the most complex, technically challenging solutions using Java cloud microservices using NoSQL.
- Leading team with best practices for software development to achieve highest quality.
- Solving some of the most difficult problems where root cause seems to be alluding
- Evaluating and adopting new technologies as well as best practices to solve problems
- Working with TPMs and Architects to help create clear user stories for developers.
- Solution development and ensuring it runs smoothly in production.
- Supporting operations as needed.
Good to have:
- 10 + years of overall experience
- 8+ years of Architecture/Design experience
- 3+ years of mentoring developers
- Expert level Java coder
- Experience solving complex problems, evaluating and adopting latest technologies
- Very strong knowledge of Advanced Development using Java
- Increasing responsibility in software development with clear understanding and ability in problem solving.
- Extensive experience with developing and running Microservices using Java
- Strong Understanding of Payments industry
- Demonstrated ability to influence industry with insights and articles
- Strong Knowledge Design Patterns and OOPs
- Experience working in Agile development environments
- Experience developing clear technical designs in Agile Environment
- Be the bridge between TPMs and Developers
- Well versed with JAVA, Spring, AWS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Cassandra and Oracle.
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing solutions and maintaining cloud deployments
- Experience with Test automation to achieve high quality one touch deployment
What do you get
- Knowledge of RabbitMQ, and other MoM systems
- Somebody who plays with technology before it becomes mainstream
- Experience implementing and working in Continuous Integration And Continuous Deployment. Note team currently has CI/CD end to end completed
- Great benefits of T-mobile and very friendly team culture
- Freedom to independently solve problems and define your destiny
- Almost weekly celebrations and many team events to show the support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.