Job DescriptionIBM has the largest trove of software, services, cloud, and Xaas in the world. Combined with the vast relationships with companies both large and small makes this position highly visible in the market as well at the cloud industry.
We're looking for a Pre-Sales Technical Solutions Specialist, someone who has a passion for cloud technology and solving complex problems then documenting, training, and publicizing the result of the architected solution's impact to the business.
What are the top responsibilities of this role?
- Articulate benefits of complex technical solutions and products via industry and business terms to customers.
- Document and promote complete solutions via Demo creation, Videos, Proof of technologies, and presentations
- Contribute to virtual technical teams building solutions to specific customers opportunities
- Relate the technical needs of the customer back to the business facilitating understanding of the value of the solution back to the customers business (ROI)
Who are the primary teams this person will work with?
What personality traits would make a person successful in this role?
- Sales, Tech Sales, Offering Management, Development, Services of all kinds including channel, AND CUSTOMERS
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong technical skills with passion for projects.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with teams within IBM and partners externally.
- Creative problem solver and open to change.
- Ability to work in complex, matrix managed organizational environments
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 2+ Years of industry experience working in, selling to, or supporting 1 or more industries within the sector
- Technical skills in Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure setup with IBM Cloud (SoftLayer) and/or AWS , Azure, VMWare and Inter-Networking, familiar with Cloud Object Storage and Kubernetes/Container solutions.
- Competitor experience directly or indirectly from a customer perspective
- 2+ Years direct, face to face customer selling experience.
- Ability to write code in at least 3 languages
- Understanding of development methodologies i.e. Waterfall, Devops toolchain
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.