## Location- Elgin, IL-Person needs to work at the vendor facility##
Looking for a focused, committed, exceptional communicator that is driven by process improvement and influencing for compliance. As a member of the Technology Supply Chain and Operations team, the Reverse Logistics Regional Material Planner supports material management processes for all stages of the Reverse Logistics lifecycle, including: spares planning, efficient material use, material obsolescence and reclamation processing, asset tracking, and repair activity tracking. Material in scope is cell site/Radio Access Network and Core material. Planner monitors and supports market level activity within own region, handling all problems through to resolution, escalating and partnering with markets and national headquarters as needed. Strong focus on monitoring and reinforcing market and regional process compliance. Interacts with regional and market personnel to get material feedback as related to opex spares and to provide material supply status. Planner will work to identify excess and stagnant materials and create data-driven proposals for material cleanup, consolidation, reuse, or recommendation for disposal. Planner will work to identify and familiarize self with total end-to-end lifecycle for material and will plan sparing and sunsetting needs alongside the Sr. Material Planner. This individual will drive cross-functional programs focused on delivering continuous process improvement in materials management by using system and process monitoring to provide critical analysis of current processes to identify areas of opportunity (services, quality, cost, tools, etc.) for improving planning, forecasting, and identifying cost reduction opportunities. This is an operational, functional, and technical role that collaborates closely with many other teams (local, regional, and national) with a goal of continuous optimization of all reverse logistics processes related to technology material. This regional planner will be focused on staying in close contact with all supported markets in his/her region, which will mean consistent travel and face-to-face support for all markets regularly.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, data analysis, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Conducts continuous analysis to determine spares material issues, and investigates inventory discrepancies for build requirements and/or disposals.
- Ability to develop and communicate KPIs and performance effectively, customizing to audience and maximizing influence and impact
- Develops and implements process controls ensuring department compliance with corporate standards
- Provides solutions based on research of system capabilities, standard processes, and industry best practices
- Ensures stakeholders, management, and project managers are fully informed of current market performance, compliance (including related metrics), team activities and actual status of solutions being prepared.
- Identifies the need and supports creating, updating and maintaining process documentation that reflect current business processes and related measurements and reporting.
- Creates SAP and Marketplace shopping carts using sparing demand data to determine requirements. Able to update, monitor, edit shopping carts as needed.
- Collaborates with other material planners on lifecyle planning, new material introduction (and related sparing needs)
- Reviews and analyzes material return and repair data to identify material defect/areas of concern
- Works with market and regional leadership teams on sparing feedback, spares returns and cleanouts needed in order to most efficiently utilize inventory
- Exports, consolidates, and reports on material data to reflect spares demand, supply, shortages, etc. Ability to communicate findings to regional, market, and corporate leadership
- Supports proactive monitoring of established inventory levels and identifies areas where modifications are needed
- Ability to work independently as well as closely with Sr. Material Planner
- Passionate about identifying opportunities for and realizing cost savings
- 2-5 years experience in telecommunications or wireless industry and/or materials management and planning
- 2-5 years field and/or supply chain experience in operations environment
- Experience in leading continuous improvement initiatives and/or lead role in project/program management experience
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work effectively on a remote team
- Exceptionally strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SAP)
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively internally, upward and cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to do work flow planning, creation, and communication of work flow processes
- Strong analytical ability to independently comprehend inventory levels as affected by various inputs and controls
- Self-disciplined at performing varied assignments
- Adaptable to fast-paced and always changing priorities. Strong level of flexibility.
- Ability to effectively communicate with upper management and other leadership levels
- Ability to review, analyze and report on various levels of detail, identifying trends and being able to make decision-driving conclusions and communicate them to a varied audience
- Strong ability to self-prioritize tasks and maintain focus
- Ability to interact with market technicians and leadership and drive process compliance
- Comfortable working with both local and remote teams
- Self-directed and able to give and receive feedback
- High travel component: estimated 50-60% travel to regional markets and corporate HQ
- Organized, analytic thinker good at problem solving and focused on getting the job done!
- Bachelors Degree. Business or technical degree (Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics or Planning or related preferred), or equivalent experience
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.