Under general supervision, this position functions to provide timely admixture services of chemotherapeutic and biotherapeutic agents, other intravenous medications and IV admixtures.
Prepares IV solutions and medications including chemotherapy and biotherapy for outpatients in the Infusion Center following ASCO/ONS Chemotherapy Safety Standards and Chemotherapy Biotherapy preparation policies and procedures, and guidelines for sterile compounding according to written orders and under close supervision of a Pharmacist, MD/RN.
Manages pharmaceutical inventory (to include maintaining adequate supply and cost saving inventory control) for the department including ordering and requisitioning from various sources.
• Monitors expiration dates of drugs in the pharmacy and within the department
• Determines and regularly evaluates PAR levels to ensure drug availability and volume on shelf
• Performs monthly physical inventory of all pharmacy items on shelves and in Pyxis.
• Maintains accurate record of controlled substances
• Ensures compliance with protocol or drug storage, accountability, handling, preparation and delivery of investigational agents.
• Manages all medication recalls