Under general supervision, operates as part of the care team performing a variety of functions such as greeting patients, patient registration, insurance coverage and reliability verification, scheduling and telephone management.
- Provides front desk support and customer service satisfaction to patients in a courteous and professional manner in accordance with performance standards.
- Schedules and registers patient appointments and information.
- Accesses EHR to communicate to clinical staff members and/or physicians through telephone encounters using SBAR format and/or appropriate smart phrases.
- Balances cash sheet and cash drawer in accordance with performance standards.
- Operates a multi-line telephone console.
- Completes clerical and other front desk support.
- high school diploma
- 6 months experience in a customer service position
- PREFERRED: graduate of a Medical Receptionist training program