Requisition ID # 15129
Job Category : Legal
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: General Counsel
Job Location : San Francisco
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Law Department provides timely, efficient and business-focused legal services to the company. The Law Department’s substantive legal activities fall in three categories: Litigation, Regulatory and Contract, and Corporate Services.
This Senior Paralegal will be responsible for providing support to the Corporate and Finance Group within PG&E’s Law Department.
- Reviews and organizes files for attorneys and ensures all documents, data, and information are accurate and complete.
- Reviews, edits, and proofreads legal correspondence, reports, contracts, and documents to ensure accuracy, consistency, and completeness.
- Collaborates with cross-departmental teams to implement decisions and/or actions.
- Conducts legal and factual research.
- Provides resolution to escalated inquiries, requests, visitations, telephone calls, and correspondence.
- Provides guidance and instruction regarding workflow and on projects for legal administrative personnel.
- Provides senior support to attorneys within meetings.
- Data entry and internal database management, using Excel, SharePoint or other internal programs.
Corporate and Finance Administration:
- Assist with preparation and filing of various documents in support of the company’s public‑company disclosure obligations, such as Forms 3, 4 and 5, 8-K, and, as requested, 10-Q and 10-K.
- Support annual and quarterly reporting process, including drafting, reviewing and proofreading documents, preparing timelines.
- Manage pre-clearance process and compliance with Insider Trading Policy.
- Support strategic transactions, including due diligence, document preparation, closing mechanics and post-closing integration and administration.
- Assist in maintaining and managing corporate subsidiary matters, which may include formation and dissolution, and drafting of governing documents and required filings.
- Provide litigation support, as needed, which may include document retention requests and discovery.
- Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree in Business Administration, Communications, English, International Relations. Journalism, Political Science, Public Affairs, Public Policy, or related discipline
- Five (5) years of experience as a Paralegal, Legal Assistant, Secretary, or Clerk
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of general legal concepts, terminology and principles related to SEC and state/jurisdictional filings, financing transactions, corporate formation and charter documents, and litigation requests
- Master’s degree, preferably a Master of Business Administration (MBA), or related discipline.
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate independently with limited attorney supervision.
- Takes initiative and works independently.