Requisition ID # 14846
Job Category : Legal
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: General Counsel
Job Location : San Francisco
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Law Department provides timely, efficient and business-focused legal services to the company. The Law Department’s substantive legal activities fall in three categories: Litigation, Regulatory and Contract, and Corporate Services.
This Senior Paralegal will be responsible for providing support on commercial contracts and contracts management to the Commercial and Environmental Group within PG&E’s Law Department.
- Reviews and organizes files for attorneys and ensures all documents, data, and information are accurate and complete.
- Reviews, edits, and proofreads legal correspondence, reports, contracts, and documents to ensure accuracy, consistency, and completeness.
- Collaborates with cross-departmental teams to implement decisions and/or actions.
- Conducts legal and factual research.
- Provides resolution to escalated inquiries, requests, visitations, telephone calls, and correspondence regarding meetings, contracts and contract negotiations.
- Reviews recommendations for the continuous improvement of contract management, administration, and support.
- Provides guidance and instruction regarding workflow and on projects for legal administrative personnel.
- Provides senior support to attorneys within meetings, contract reviews, and contract management.
- Data entry and internal database management, using Excel, SharePoint or other internal programs.
- Oversees and coordinates contract bidding and ensures that bidding requirements are satisfied and compares/contrasts bid submissions.
- Performs contract “intake” work and contract assignments for attorneys.
- Reviews contract intake forms for completeness and accuracy of information and to ensure all needed documentation and other information has been included.
- Works with Lines of Business to obtain missing or needed information for attorneys to draft or review contract.
- Reviews and evaluates contracts to determine PG&E’s risk in engaging with a particular vendor as well as to ensure compliance with existing contract terms and conditions and corporate standard practices, policies and procedures.
- Assists attorneys with composing terms and conditions within contracts and reviewing and analyzing proposed changes.
- Develops contract templates and negotiates terms and conditions and responds to client inquiries regarding contract review status, lack of information, and other action items.
- Researches, compares, and contrasts internal/external contracts, terms and conditions, and substantive additions to ensure legal consistency, accuracy, and completeness.
- Develops and generates reports for attorneys regarding contract review status and year-to-date statistical summaries.
- Researches factual and legal issues regarding contract terms and related issues.
- Collaborates with PG&E’s lines of business to establish contract terms, mitigate risk, decrease costs\, and ensure increased procurement process efficiencies.
- Partners with project managers in the LOB to maintain and sustain quality control of contracts.
- Assists the LOB in resolving contract issues with external vendors.
- Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree in Business Administration, Communications, English, International Relations. Journalism, Political Science, Public Affairs, Public Policy, or related discipline
- Five (5) years of experience as a Paralegal, Legal Assistant, Secretary, or Clerk
- Master’s degree, preferably a Master of Business Administration (MBA), or related discipline
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate independently with limited attorney supervision.
- Takes initiative and works independently.