· Functions independently and obtains problem oriented patient history and documents findings in electronic health records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Updates appropriate history for acute patients and/or chronically ill patients
- Performs physical and\or psychosocial assessments and documents findings
· Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age and specific needs.
- Studies and documents the results and necessary treatment
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions, tests and/or clinical trails
- Provides communications with patients in person or by phone to discuss test results, lab reports, patient progress and home care instructions
- Monitors clinical studies
· Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role
- Assists with the provision of surgical or ongoing care in accordance with facility, state and federal regulations
- Performs minor surgical procedures consistent with physician specialty and the Advanced Practice Clinician’s license and training; documents the procedure in a timely accurate manner in the patient’s medical record
· Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care setting , e.g. admitting, transferring and discharging patients
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals
- Provides referrals when necessary to supervising physician or specialist
· Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools
- Provides patient education, counseling , medication advice and follow up instructions