The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity theft, and fraud. IBM Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defences and proven experts.
IBM is looking for a passionate and experienced software developer to join their software lab in Cork. IBM Ireland plays a key role in developing and supporting IBMs technology in Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Social, Security, and Cognitive computing.
Reporting to a Development Manager and working with a global team, you will design, code, and test new product features for a highly valued security product in IBM. You will also be involved in build automation and DevOps work, product documentation, and work with QA teams on defect resolution.
- Engage in all aspects of building and maintaining a highly available network infrastructure
- Consult with various teams on designing scalable and highly available network infrastructure platforms
- Ensure proper monitoring and reporting for network infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve network related issues within the infrastructure
- Help develop and maintain automated processes, tools, and documentation in support of network infrastructure
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field with 3+ years industry experience
- Proficiency with hardware network devices and software, such as Brocade Vyatta, or any networking devices
- Independent and self-directed work ethic when participating in a collaborative environment
- Ability to quickly adapt to ever-changing requirements
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
An ideal candidate should have strong experience with the following concepts and/or technologies:
- Experience configuring IPSEC- and SSL-based VPN solutions such as openswan, openvpn
- Demonstrated proficiency in network administration (DNS, routing protocols such as OSPF, Load Balancing, IPSec)
- Experience with working with cloud computing services such as AWS, SoftLayer
- Knowledge of SSL certificates would be an advantage
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Strong Background in software development and Scripting Languages (Python preferred)
- Experience with deployment/configuration automation and software-defined infrastructure management techniques such as Ansible
- Working knowledge of UrbanCode Deploy or other automated deployment tools desired
- Understanding of hardware or software Load Balancers in a large data center environment
- Systems administration experience (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Demonstrated ability to properly reproduce and document customer issues.
- Strong customer focus and ownership
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
See job description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
See job description
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.