Job DescriptionJob Description
IBM Global Services Delivery Center employs IT professionals across all sectors. This site is fast becoming a “Centre of Excellence” in key areas of the global technology industry. Few places offer as many opportunities to gain knowledge in your field, to work in a stimulating environment and rewards for outstanding performance as IBM. IBM can provide the perfect setting for your career and freedom to enjoy a rich personal life.
Managed Security Services (MSS) is a pioneer and world leader in software and services that protect corporate and personal information from an ever-changing spectrum of online threats and misuse. MSS core operations are performed in Security Operations Centers (SOC) located in 10 locations around the Globe.
SCEs (Security Correlation Engineer) will be responsible for tuning and adjusting rules and policies to increase detection accuracy on Qradar SIEM (security information and event management) Technology. In this role you will reduce false positives, or to improve performance by creating policy management and trend analysis, compiling a weekly/monthly trend analysis reports including trends in policy exceptions and user behavior. You will provide recommendations on what events should be categorized as “special instructions,” interact with the customer on a weekly basis to understand their needs on a tuning perspective. You will create new rules based on the criteria provided, perform updates on the existing policy rules and research new threats to ensure security continues.
Your Abilities and Skills
About Managed Security Services
- UNIX OS Administration
- TCP/IP (possesses fundamentals such as the various OSI layers)
- Routing protocols and technologies
- Security technologies and best practices
- Windows/Unix-specific networking
- Proficiency with Q1 QRadar and/or ArcSight
- Outstanding communication skills
We offer the industry-leading tools, technology and expertise to help secure your information assets around the clock, often at a fraction of the cost of in-house security resources. IBM Security Operations Center Portal, a single window into your entire security world, is included in every managed security service. Learn more at: https://www.ibm.com/security/services/managed-security-services
Your life at IBM
We come to work thrilled knowing it will never be the same day twice. At IBM, you have access to a rare combination of experiences that together build a powerful, rewarding career for you. These experiences consist of:
Required Technical and Professional ExpertiseFrom a technical expertise perspective, you will succeed in this position if you have 1-2 years of experience in:
- Opportunity to do work that impacts not just your team but often the very lives of millions of people. You’re not just joining a big company, at IBM you’re joining a bigger cause.
- Ability to discover the exact career you were meant to have by trying different roles, industries, technologies even locations, right within IBM. No other company gives you the career Infinence (infinite experiences) like IBM
- A company with a progressive and inclusive heritage based on leadership and a history of taking stands on things that matter.
Preferred Tech and Prof ExperiencePreferably (will be an advance) one or more professional certifications such as: EO Statement
- Minimum 2 years of experience in IT Security
- Minimum 1 year of experience with supported technology (Q1 QRadar and/or ArcSight)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.