Sutter North Medical Foundation is a non-profit organization serving a variety of health care needs in the Yuba-Sutter community. Offering many different areas of expertise with medical specialist in virtually every area, Sutter North Medical Foundation affiliated with Sutter Health in 1993 and is currently comprised of 57 physicians. Sutter North Medical Foundation is the recipient of the Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction from Sutter Health.
Provides magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography patient care services at defined levels.
- Assesses and educates patients according to specific department protocols.
- Assures the safety of the MRI environment. Protects patients and staff from potential harm by insuring all individuals entering the area of magnet field influence are screened and only non-ferrous objects are taken into the MRI scan room.
- Implements radiation protection and safety standards to minimize radiation exposure to staff and patients.
- Maintains mandated continuing education requirements.
- May be required to train / precept students and new techs.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Prepares for and assists the physician in magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography diagnostic and invasive procedures.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education/ Knowledge, including Licensure/ Certification/ Registration:
- Complete understanding of MR methodology and equipment is necessary. Broad-based knowledge of crosssectional anatomy and physiology is required. Knowledge of MR physics is preferred. Understands radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation exposure to staff and patients. Able to recognize potential abnormalities and prioritize accordingly.
- Graduate of a JRCERT accredited education program in Radiography.
- Requires ARRT Registered Technologist, RT(R) in good standing.
- Additional ARRT certification in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MR) and /or Computed Tomography (CT) preferred or eligible for testing.
- BLS Healthcare Provider.
- CA State Licensure (CRT) is required.
- CA Fluoroscopy permit is preferred
- Previous experience as an MR Technologist is preferred.
- Specific CT experience and prior work experience in a hospital setting is preferable.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a rapidly changing and challenging environment and take appropriate actions in emergent situations.