The MRI Technologist at the Sutter Gould Medical Foundation Stockton campus performs appropriate Magnetic Resonance (MRI) procedures for medical diagnosis under the direction of the radiologist and in accordance with established department procedures. Practices established magnet safety standards. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative.
Sutter Gould Medical Foundation (SGMF)is a non-profit, multi-specialty health care organization affiliated with Sutter Health. Based in Modesto, SGMF provides quality medical care, health education and research activities in a five-county area. SGMF's medical staff includes family practitioners, internists and pediatricians, as well as a range of specialist physicians. Services include imaging, nuclear medicine, a health library, health education programs, occupational medicine, diabetes education, nutrition counseling, infertility counseling, and weight management.MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education:
- High school graduate.
- Advanced Certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in MRI, and a current Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) from California.
- ARMRIT certification for MRI is acceptable, provided the technologist also has the CRT.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers card required.
- Clinical and practical experience in MRI.
- Prefer more than one year of experience, however a new grad with completed fellowship in MRI will be welcome.
- Prefer ARRT and CRT in radiology for cross coverage in other modalities.
- Must have or develop an in depth knowledge of MRI instrumentation operation and quality control procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language are required.
- Knowledge of departmental computer systems operations is expected to be obtained.
- Ability to perform examinations of excellent technical quality, in an efficient manner.
- Must be able to gain cooperation of patients in order to obtain high quality images.
- Must have the ability to work with patients of varying ages.
- Time management skills are important for this position.