Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation is a not for profit corporation that exists to provide medical services, research and education. The foundation provides the infrastructure for the delivery of physician services, and contracts with a separate corporation comprised of physicians and other care providers to deliver the clinical services. This multi-specialty foundation will provide a platform from which new physicians can be recruited to continue to provide physician services in a nonprofit, community setting. The Foundation's vision is to create a medical group that will deliver high quality, market competitive medical services.
Provides ultrasound imaging in two areas of expertise (Diagnostic, Cardiac, and/or Vascular) and patient care services at defined levels.
• American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in good standing, is preferred or eligible to take the registration examination or a graduate of a Sutter affiliated community college program in diagnostic medical ultrasound.
• Basic Life Support Certification – BLS required.
• Additional multiple certification by ARDMS defined specialty areas preferred.
• Graduate of a ARDMS accredited educational program in ultrasonography preferred.
• Extensive experience in the acute care hospital setting performing sonographic categories of obstetrics, gynecology, abdominal, small parts, neurosonology, vascular and/or cardiac imaging is required.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Advanced cross-sectional anatomy, pathophysiology and its effect on normal anatomy; basic knowledge of Obstetrical, vascular and/or cardiac anatomy/physiology.
• Knowledge of electrical safety and infection control guidelines.
• Knowledge of technological advancements, must maintain competencies in two ARDMS defined specialty areas.
• Must be able to work in a rapidly changing and challenging environment and take appropriate actions in emergent situations.
• Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
• Ability to analyze problems to reach practical conclusions, and institute effective changes.
• Ability to deal with complex situations and policies as required.
• Computer literacy skills required.
• Excellent team leadership and organizational skills are required.
• Proven written and oral communication skills demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to support physician and department needs.