Under general supervision and within the scope of their certification, assists providers by performing greetings and identifying patients, escorting patient to exam room, identifying purpose of visit, preparing patient for office visit such as weighing patient, taking vital signs, performing minor medical procedures and other tasks associated with patient care.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assisting program approved by PAMF and/or equivalent
- Six months acute or ambulatory care or related experience (one (1) year preferred)
- Current AHA healthcare provider BLS certification
- AAMA, AMT, NCCT or CCBMA certification required within twelve (12) months of hire
- Basic keyboarding and computer abilities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; flexibility