Requisition ID # 17122
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Gas Operations is undergoing a transformation in our Gas Distribution Mapping Organization in how PG&E creates, maintains, and records our Geo-Spatial data on our Gas Distribution GIS. We are implementing new tools and processes and we are looking for qualified candidates who possess the drive and ability to help us make PG&E into the safest and most reliable utility in the industry. Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
This position is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and is subject to collective bargaining.
Under the direction of a Principal or Lead Mapper, you will work with Gas Distribution and Transmission as-built drawings and other mapping data to post spatial database updates in PG&E’s Geographic Information System (GIS). The Mapping Technician maintains, updates, and analyzes pipeline features within the database. The technician also updates and maintains operating maps and diagrams of the gas distribution and transmission systems, single-line job drawings and keeps maps and databases of gas distribution and transmission system up to date. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
• Create, modify and update records, maps and diagrams using GIS tools and databases.
• Ensure records maps and diagrams comply with federal, state and local regulations and company requirements.
• Input data related to specific job-site and facility information for quality assurance purposes, historical tracking, forecasting and produce reports related to job-site data using computers and various applications.
• Review and research work assignments and projects using computers, various internal applications and websites to review.
• Gather data related to records, maps and diagrams for specific job site projects.
• Schedule and coordinate document distribution to meet applicable federal, state and local regulations and company requirements.
• Research and prioritize documents for data input.
• Use computer and other methods and tools for file management of job plans, records, maps, diagrams and other documents.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
• Two year technical certificate in Drafting, GIS or equivalent experience
• Must possess a valid California Driver’s License on day 1 of employment
• Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
• Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends, and/or overtime (scheduled or ad hoc)
• Internal PG&E employees: Must have qualified on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) exam, Work Orientation Inventory (WOI) exam and Technical Test (TECH Test) exam prior to applying
• External and Hiring Hall candidates: Must qualify on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) exam, Work Orientation Inventory (WOI), and Technical Test (TECH Test) exam prior to interviewing
• BA/BS Degree from accredited college in GIS, Geography, Engineering, or other related discipline. BA/BS in unrelated field with a GIS certificate is acceptable.
• Demonstrate experience using a Pipeline Open Data Standard (PODS) Pipeline Data Model with GIS.
• Demonstrate experience using Pipeline Features Lists (PFLs).
• Demonstrated experience using ESRI ArcGIS 10x to develop, edit, and maintain spatial data from engineering as-built drawings.
• Experience with using Microstation to update and maintain maps and diagrams for engineering or construction related projects.
• Understanding of geographic data types (land base, imagery, gas utility infrastructure, etc.).
• Ability to perform basic queries (spatial and non-spatial).
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products- Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and SharePoint.
• Demonstrated experience or exposure using SAP.
• 1+ year of Gas or Utility operations related experience.