Job Description:Manager, IT Compliance (Regulatory Compliance)
**This position can be based in Frisco, TX, Bothell, WA or Snoqualmie, WA.
As a Manager of Technology Compliance, you have the unique opportunity to have a direct and measurable impact on T-Mobile's strategic direction and the company's bottom line. You'll need skills that enable you to partner and collaborate in other people's technical and business groups, rapidly learn the nuances of their business and control areas, complete robust analyses, and recommend meaningful changes in critical business processes for control compliance. Additionally, you'll lead a team of compliance and security professionals in operationalizing the company's technology compliance efforts. This role requires the ability to work cross functionally with IT teams, and key stakeholders, utilizing analytical skills in dissecting complex problems and delivering clear recommendations to improve results. This role also interacts with managers and contributors from other SOX teams across the company and so must also be able to communicate complicated analysis, logic, and solutions in a clear and concise manner. Given the impact this position can have on company direction, you must feel comfortable taking and defending polarizing positions based on your work.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Responsibilities:Essential Functions
- This position will require a unique ability to provide coaching and guidance through the Self Managing Team model. Ability to champion the culture of team collaboration, solving challenges through conflict management, and building trust and accountability amongst all team members will be a critical skill set.
- Managing an IT SOX team, you will work closely with internal clients to understand key issues, propose fact based options/solutions that transform key SOX activities and processes at T-Mobile.
- Monitoring and management of IT controls at the application, database, operating system and process levels. Working with business partners to ensure accurate process documentation, maintain and update the IT Controls master list.
- Coordinate with control owners to ensure that active management / monitoring of the controls occurs throughout the year, and a close partnership with SOX auditors and stakeholders
- Participate in the review process for application, database, operating systems, and IT operational process changes/modifications to ensure that controls remain valid and/or to coordinate the creation of new controls with the Financial Controls Group.
- Work with EIT organizations to mitigate non-compliance conditions.
- Work with internal SOX teams to update / maintain / validate the accuracy of the IT Controls list.
- Maintain ongoing reporting for SOX control status.
- Attend staff meetings and or any other required meetings.
- Provide progress reports to direct line of management.
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
- 5+ years experience in an IT organization
- Experience managing people and/or teams of people
- Ability to champion the culture of team collaboration, build trust and accountability, and solve challenges through conflict management.
- Ability to work independently, and take ownership of issues and work products
- Experience working in SOX program environment, or knowledge of SOX/Regulatory.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of networking technology
- Competence with Microsoft products - Office (Word, Excel), Visio, Project
- Working in a cross-organizational environment, with an overview of multiple functional areas
- Creating and maintaining monitoring plans and schedules.
- Providing clear, concise information to support the creation of senior management reports
- Reviewing technical documentation (functional specifications, design documents, etc.).
- Exposure to standard business practice/ IT audits, controls, compliance
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours if needed.
- Basic operating system (HP/UX and Windows) knowledge
- Basic relational database (Oracle and SQL Server) knowledge
- Understanding of multi-tier application architecture
- Bachelors Degree. Business, Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Or equivalent experience
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium.
Minimum Qualifications: At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GEDCompany Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.