Aloha and welcome to Kahi Mohala's Career Page.
To begin, we want to inform you of our application process which we call "On Boarding." The Onboarding begins with your on-line application for employment. If you meet the qualifications for the position, the department manager will notify you of a scheduled interview through your email address or by telephone.
Located on 14.5 park-like acres, Kahi Mohala's 88-bed facility is Hawaii's only private, freestanding psychiatric hospital. Kahi Mohala provides comprehensive behavioral health services for adults, adolescents and children experiencing problems with psychiatric disorders such as anxiety, depression, and eating disorders. The buildings and grounds offer a complete residential environment with an emphasis on patient safety and security.
POSITION SUMMARY:The manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations and for the achieving quality, service, community, growth, compliance, and people goals for the Child & Adolescent inpatient service line. The incumbent uses Evidence Based LeadershipSM principles to achieve results, as outlined in the "Kahi Mohala Difference, Toolkit for Managers”. Serves as a role model and teacher for care delivery to other service line staff, including assessment, treatment planning, interventions, and documentation of treatment progress. The incumbent ensures coordination of work efforts and harmonious working relationships with other departments, Kahi Mohala medical staff, and the public. This position serves as an important organizational link between Kahi Mohala and referral sources and ensures ethical and regulatory compliance for all aspects of the service line.Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (Master’s Degree preferred) or a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or similar therapy field
- License to practice as an RN, LCSW, MFT, Psychologist, or similar, in the State of Hawaii
- Possesses requisite experience and credentials applicable under state practice licensing laws appropriate to the clinical discipline
- Has a minimum of five years’ clinical experience in the treatment of hospital-based child and adolescent inpatient and residential services.
- Experience in clinical program design and development
- Prior experience demonstrating effective management skills, knowledge of hospital organization and administration, compliance with laws applicable to hospital operation is required
- The proven ability to manage and develop subordinate staff and provide administrative direction in support of innovations and program changes required
- Demonstrated leadership ability in the areas of initiating program assessment and implementing quality program enhancements utilizing evidence-based practices
- Inpatient psychiatric management experience with a freestanding psychiatric hospital is preferred
- Knowledge of health care operations and health care administration is required, as well as a thorough knowledge of regulations affecting the delivery of psychiatric health care
- A working knowledge of all hospital departments with special knowledge in finance, planning, marketing, physician relations, personnel/human resources management and nursing is required
- A thorough knowledge of regulations affecting health care delivery is required
- Thorough knowledge of Joint Commission standards, CMS standards, and Medicare Conditions of Participation, and CAMHD standards is required. A working knowledge of TRICARE regulation is preferred.
- Knowledge of trauma informed care philosophy
- Must have excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Must have well-developed problem identification, problem resolution, analytical, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Must exhibit leadership skills, and the ability to initiate and maintain clear communication.
- Must be flexible and adapt to constantly changing situations.
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail, follow up, and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects
- Must have the knowledge and ability to use computers and related technology efficiently
- Must meet basic health requirements of Kahi Mohala physical examination including TB clearance.
- Must possess and maintain current American Heart Association, Basic Life Support Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Must complete and maintain hospital approved management of aggressive behavior program