Job Description:This Product & Technology position works in a Managed Service environment to manage experiences that drive from Retail and Care Platforms for both internal and external customers. The qualified candidate will understand how organizations function to accomplish their goals, drive daily objectives of support, and provide the best possible service to group's dependent thereof. The qualified candidate will be able to work in a DevOps fashion to facilitate interdepartmental and business communication in order to provide overall clarity, gain alignment on objectives, and achieve successful resolution and/or delivery as a part of the ITIL Service Delivery and Agile models. This role leads the Retail and Care Platforms team that supports Metro by T-Mobile's EDGE and RISE systems, Dealer POS Partner systems, Self-Service systems, and billing training environments. The excellent candidate will have an established work history of thought leadership focused on backend integrations and optimizations with high expectations, contributing to business strategy, advising on technology status, change, and capacity analysis, developing processes that optimize production stability, and connecting daily tasks to company deliverables. The qualified candidate will also be skilled in application governance, working at all levels (from resolving Tier 2 tickets to managing service providers) of the ecosystem they support.Responsibilities:Enterprise Core Competencies:
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, vendor-partner management, a focus on results, and a high level of technical abilities.Essential Functions:
- Work daily in a dynamic environment, mostly built around managed services, leading a team to deliver best in class services to all customers (internal and external).
- Manages team members effectively, providing servant leadership support and partnership, in- depth understanding, and vision for direct reports.
- Develops team members, growing them for the next level of service delivery and career advancement with stretch assignments, training opportunities and other people development tools.
- Manage all backend systems that support the Metro by T-Mobile Frontline application experience.
- Govern and maintain Billing Training Environments, from code base and migrations, to planning for users and capacity.
- Manage capacity of all supported Retail and Care Platform elements within scope of job duty, especially as this will be considered holistically as retail presence and footprints grow and change.
- Plan, deliver, lead, and/or govern production projects and committees as needed.
- Consult with development and Quality Assurance (Testing) teams in an Agile DevOps environment.
- Provide reporting to management and leadership on departmental performance of all managed resources.
- Cross-functionally supports the IT Operations team and wider application set within the Metro by T-Mobile ecosystem, contributing to break/fix and service request initiatives that affect Frontline Experiences.
- Manages production outages and escalations end-to-end, ensuring the correct stakeholders are involved to be able to drive resolution, communicating to impacted Product & Technology (P&T) business units, gather data on impact to systems and business, and report on impacts via appropriate measurements and metrics to P&T and Business Leadership teams.
- Define monitoring needed for the applications and flows in the technology ecosystem, and manage projects to get monitoring delivered and/or updated as necessary.
- Available for a weekly on call program to support production.
- Assist management and other team members in ensuring production stability through understanding of business needs, daily changes being implemented, and high-level technical flows.
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) leadership and consulting support on complex tasks related to the primary functions of the position.
- Initiate and execute initiatives to improve functional processes, procedures, and tools utilized by the team.
- Review deliverables and provides input/training for other team members.
- Develop a strong understanding of other business channels (especially Retail Sales, Finance, and Supply Chain) and how they are impacted by the performance of Retail and Care Platforms.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives (Continual Service Improvement).
- Utilize ticketing system to manage and understand ticket queues (Incident Management, Change Management, RCA Management, and Problem Management).
- Minimum of 5 years of back-end systems, platforms, and infrastructure leadership experience in telecom, with a focus on retail stores and customer care channels specifically.
- 1 + years' management experience.
- 5+ years' experience supporting production applications and managing trouble tickets.
- Experience in leading a team of direct reports in critical success factors, growing people in soft/hard skills, career pathing, and coaching for performance.
- Working understanding of business and system processes/technologies within multiple knowledge areas, allowing for cross-functional strategy and support. Specifically, working knowledge, and proven history, of the retail sales and support fields and the operations thereof.
- Working understanding of technology best practices and principles, demonstrated ability to apply said principles, ability to report on governance areas in a proactive, clear, consumable fashion (strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a well-spoken, confident, manner).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively able to communicate with all employee levels.
- Experience with identifying and resolving internal and external customer problems.
- Experience in working with members of the project/product management team, business subject matter experts (SME's), operational support teams, and executive leadership to develop and implement viable solutions, explain system problems and mitigation efforts, and train on system functionalities and technical outcomes.
- Demonstrates competent consulting skills and experience in bridging gaps between technology and business operations.
- Must be proficient and have experience using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- ITIL Foundations preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or Quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.