Under the supervision of the Laboratory Supervisor, the Lab Assistant performs Laboratory procedures in phlebotomy, central (specimen) processing and reception. Supports laboratory and management in achieving the goals of the Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reception/Registration-Greets patient using PAMF CARES practice, releasing appropriate orders in EPIC to Sunquest.
- Phlebotomy-Draw patients accurately in a timely manner as well.
- Central Processing-Receive, process, track and send specimens.
- Information Management-Manage and distribute patient results and handle external inquiries, add-ons and trouble shooting accurately.
- Inventory Management-Stocks all pre-analytical work areas with supplies as necessary.
- Processes sample and prepares transport speciment.
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Current of State of California Certified Phlebotomy Technician I or 2 Certfication
- CPR certification required (American Heart Association, Heathcare Provider)
- 1 plus years of phlebotomy experience
Associate degree preferred