Imagine your next position as a Factory Conformance Analyst (Quality Specialist) with U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company (USSTC) in our Quality department in Nashville, TN. U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company’s role is to responsibly manufacture and market USSTC smokeless brands to adult tobacco consumers in a financially disciplined way.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical knowledge, directions, and decision making when addressing product quality deviations for USSTC Manufacturing and QA management to assure proper containment, investigation and disposition activities occur prior to releasing and/or discarding product.
- Evaluate and investigate potential product / process / material deviations utilizing all Quality Management System requirements, deviation infrastructure and manufacturing data to assure impacted product is contained.
- Work with various manufacturing, maintenance, and quality management / hourly personnel to assure Deviation Process is followed and all individual incidents are accurately documented (investigation, root cause, corrective action, etc.).
- Work with ALCS QC group and internal management to determine, provide and execute rework / inspection activities and disposition decisions for all Category 1 and 2 deviations to the facility.
- Provide subject matter expertise and serve as a liaison with multiple internal and external functions (ALCS QC, Product Integrity, Product Development) to assess deviations and assure compliance with containment and disposition requirements.
- Perform Batch Acceptance review and release activities for all Manufacturing and Factory Quality functions.
- Conduct trend and root cause analysis to identify systemic problems affecting product quality.
- Provide training and coaching to site management, NWT's and hourly personnel on the Deviation process, conducting thorough investigations and writing accurate reports.
- Execute the Incoming Material Acceptance process for all packaging, flavors and ingredients.
- Acting back-up to QA Leaders.
- This position will be assigned to 2nd or 3rd shift.
At US Smokeless Tobacco Manufacturing Company, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, or Science or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of manufacturing and/or quality conformance experience, or equivalent combination of applicable education and demonstrated work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic statistical methods and analysis.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of multiple process stages.
- Strong knowledge of UST Quality Management System.
- Ability to conduct FCA duties at multiple locations.
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company and John Middleton. The companies’ premium tobacco brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal and Black & Mild. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.