Job DescriptionMust be on-site 5 days in Cambridge, Mass The Systems Manager is the lead technical resource who acts as a single point of contact between the technical team and the business and customer teams. This role will ensure that the Data Warehouse infrastructure is implemented in the appropriate manner from a technical perspective to support the overall Data Warehouse solution. The Systems Manager will interface with multiple internal and external teams to understand the solution requirements and coordinate the appropriate setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of issues. The Systems Manager works with application and other support resources to ensure installation, routine maintenance, upgrades and daily support of the server, network, storage and other interfacing systems.
Candidates will have access to highly sensitive public record information and as a result all new hires and current employees in positions of this level will be subject to periodic background checks.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Work with internal business and customer teams to understand solution requirements.
- Collaborate with business units, data owners and IT to successfully implement the customer solution.
- Ensuring the setup, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of a custom Data Warehouse infrastructure consisting of, but not limited to Windows/Linux application servers, Oracle Exadata, Oracle Exalogic, ZFS storage appliances, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interface with the business and customer teams pertaining to all technical matters.
- Provide necessary status updates and monthly reports to the business and customer teams.
- Create necessary delivery estimates.
- Translate complex functional, technical and business requirements into architectural designs and ensure that the technical teams act on those designs.
- Coordinate with Delivery Project Manager and Business Analyst to project scope and compile delivery estimates.
- Continually review and suggest improvements to the Data Warehouse processes, policies, and vision and explore new and emerging technologies.
- Display a demonstrated ability in communicating the overall customer data architecture to both technical and business constituencies.
- Performance Management & Monitoring - Implement and manage processes and applications to proactively monitor the health and welfare of Watson Health technology environments to address concerns and issues before they happen.
- Infrastructure Availability Management - Develop and manage processes designed to meet or exceed services levels for infrastructure availability.
- Capacity Management - Create and manage forecasting processes designed to ensure platform capabilities are adequate for business environment needs.
- Maintenance & Configuration Management - Ensure effective processes are in place to continuously refresh platform, maintain proper OS levels, and proactively apply security patches.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Ability to work on-site 5 days a week in Cambridge, Mass
- 3+ yrs of Data Center implementations (networking, storage, and computer platforms)
- 3+ yrs of experience working with external customers
- 3+ yrs of experience as a technical project manager where you have been the subject matter expert, including managing subcontractor resources
- 5+ years of combined experience implementing EDW and/or DAR projects culminating in the management of a large-scale IT development project DDI effort
- Ability to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly through self-study
- 6+ yrs exp in software development or solution architecture role
- 4+ yrs exp system admin experience (Windows Admin, Linux Admin, Cognos Admin, Oracle DBA)
- 3+ yrs exp with one or more of the database engines and/or ETL tools: (Teradata, Netezza, Oracle, SQL Server) (SAS, Informatica, DataStage, Ab Initio)
- 3+ yrs exp with hardware vendors (IBM, Oracle, EMC, etc.)
- 1+ yrs exp with Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Exadata, Oracle Exalogic
- 1+ yrs exp with system monitoring tool SolarWinds Orion
- Experience with
- Multiple hardware platforms and devices from HP, Dell, Cisco, Oracle, Teradata and other industry standard providers
- Enterprise software packages in regard to installation, sizing, and integration. Examples include Cognos, SAS BI, Oracle RDBMS, Informatica, Tableau, ESRI ArcGIS , VMware ESX, and IBM WebSphere
- Knowledge of estimation processes
- Project Management Certification(s)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.