Human Resources Coordinator, Administration - 346069
**OPEN TO PERMANENT PRINCIPAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATES ONLY. YOU MUST CLEARLY STATE YOUR CIVIL SERVICE STATUS ON YOUR RESUME OR COVER LETTER. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOUR DISQUALIFICATION.
The Division of Administrative Services is seeking a Principal Administrative Associate, II to serve as Human Resources Coordinator performing the following duties:
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator will be responsible for:
-- Onboarding of new personnel and processing personnel actions for existing staff. This will include preparing and modifying job descriptions using PATS and budget systems to post for job vacancies.
--Liaising with the hiring managers to assure all job functions are captured in the posting.
--Reviewing resumes and submitting to HR for qualification, preparing and maintaining interview documents.
--Submitting selected candidate information timely manner.
--Additionally, the HR Coordinator will be responsible for submitting documents for salary adjustments of current personnel and leave actions such as resignations and retirements.
--Will also be tasked with assisting personnel with information and submitting documentation for temporary leaves such as Child Care Leaves and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
--Other personnel related responsibilities include assisting with personnel data changes and providing status reports on staffing and personnel actions.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three years of satisfactory full-time progressively responsible clerical/administrative experience, one year of which must have been in an administrative capacity or supervising staff performing clerical/administrative work of more than moderate difficulty; or
2. An associate degree or 60 semester credits from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time progressively responsible clerical/administrative experience including one year of the administrative supervisory experience described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or a recognized accrediting organization and five years of satisfactory full-time progressively responsible clerical/administrative experience including one year of the administrative supervisory experience as described in "1" above;
4. Education and/or experience equivalent to "1", "2", or "3" above. However, all candidates must possess the one year of administrative or supervisory experience as described in "1" above. Education above the high school level may be substituted for the general clerical/administrative experience (but not for the one year of administrative or supervisory experience described in "1" above) at a rate of 30 semester credits from an accredited college for 6 months of experience up to a maximum of 3½ years.
• Five or more years working in Human Resources and familiarity with the City hiring process
• Familiarity with PATS, PECOS, and other DOHMH systems related to the hiring process
• Familiarity with the Civil Service Process
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Adobe Systems)
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Knowledge of the Payroll Management System (PMS), Citywide Human Resources Management System (CHRMS), CityTime (CT), timekeeping and/or payroll experience necessary
• Candidates should be detail-orientated and have excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL CANDIDATES:
Please note: If you are called for an interview you will be required to bring to your interview copies of original documentation, such as:
• A document that establishes identity for employment eligibility, such as: A Valid U.S. Passport, Permanent Resident Card/Green Card, or Driver’s license.
• Proof of Education according to the education requirements of the civil service title.
• Current Resume
• Proof of Address/NYC Residency dated within the last 60 days, such as: Recent Utility Bill (i.e. Telephone, Cable, Mobile Phone)
Additional documentation may be required to evaluate your qualification as outlined in this posting’s “Minimum Qualification Requirements” section. Examples of additional documentation may be, but not limited to: college transcript, experience verification or professional trade licenses.
If after your interview you are the selected candidate you will be contacted to schedule an on-boarding appointment. By the time of this appointment you will be asked to produce the originals of the above documents along with your original Social Security card.
The federal government provides student loan forgiveness through its Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) to all qualifying public service employees. Working with the DOHMH qualifies you as a public service employee and you may be able to take advantage of this program while working full-time and meeting the program’s other requirements.
Please visit the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program site to view the eligibility requirements:
Apply online with a cover letter to https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/. In the Job ID search bar, enter: job ID number # 346069
We appreciate the interest and thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The NYC Health Department is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and culturally responsive workforce. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender and gender non-conforming persons to apply.
All applicants will be considered without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, age, prior record of arrest; or any other basis prohibited by law.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.