Some Careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
Global Service Delivery
Within HSBC Operations, Services and Technology, Global Service Delivery is a leader in the development of services and processes that are designed around the customer and enable the firm to demonstrate to regulators that its processes and ways of working will deliver consistently high standards of compliance. Every day, customers all over the world are paying bills, buying homes and setting up companies and every day, Global Service Delivery teams are making sure all this happens smoothly.
This role is being created to lead and provide oversight across RBWM Global Contact Centres for Request For Information (RFI) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) customer outreach work with the end objective of providing robust support for our underlying Financial Crime Risk Management processes. Global Standards is a key strategic priority for RBWM and CDD and RFI customer outreach work involves -
- CDD customer outreach - CDD reviews are carried out across all customers and frequency of reviews depends on their risk profile. Occasionally, we are required to contact customers in connection with the CDD reviews.
- RFI customer outreach - A request for information (RFI) is raised when investigators within Operations and Financial Crime and Compliance (FCC) need the line of business to obtain additional information in order to help decision an alert associated with Financial Crime Risk Management.
The role holder will be directly responsible for all RFI & CDD customer outreach work that will be based out of our RBWM Contact Centre Shared Operations sites. S/he will recruit, develop and lead the management team across Shared Operations sites and will be responsible for managing this work by creating an environment in which the teams achieve maximum operational efficiency, effectiveness and quality through the implementation of excellent production and quality management techniques. Where the RFI & CDD customer outreach work will be based out of on shore Contact Centres, the role holder will provide oversight for smooth deployment of the global process design and achievement of key performance indicators. A key element of the role will involve working closely with the RBWM Global Standards team so that we have an optimized and fit for purpose global process design for RFI & CDD customer outreach which fully leverages multi-channel customer contact capabilities to maximize response rates from the customers as well as standard Contact Centre capabilities such as in the area of Work force management & scheduling, Call Quality & Coaching, etc. The role holder will act as the Global Subject Matter Expert for RFI & CDD Customer outreach and will create a cohesive approach for deployment, synergizing enhancement opportunities across RFI & CDD, providing inputs into Global RFI & CDD re-engineering initiatives and setting up forums involving Contact Centres in markets that will help in spreading best practice and ideas for innovation. The role holder will also act as the primary senior contact from Global Contact Centres for the RBWM Global Standards team.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets. In this role, you will:
Impact on the Business
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure an optimum global process design for RFI & CDD customer outreach which is fit for purpose for Global Contact Centres.
- Leverage multi-channel customer contact to maximize response rates from customers.
- As the Global SME for RFI & CDD customer outreach, help in spreading best practice and ideas for innovation.
- Drive the delivery of a high quality, high volume processing / customer contact centre, focusing upon process improvement
- Ensure that operations meet all performance targets including standards in quality and outstanding service
- Manage operational contingency requirements on an ongoing basis by keeping the contingency requirements continually updated in terms of strategic changes
- Analyses and interprets complex data and makes high quality and timely decisions within a business context
- Applies business thinking to control costs, and manage risks.
- Proactively plan for success of the contact centre by understanding Group directives and working in a matrixed organization to delivery operational objectives
- Continual review and achievement of AOP actuals vs budget across a variety of cost lines with feedback to service management where applicable
- Production and communication of MI related to RFI / CDD processes transitioned to Contact Centres.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead a contact centre site that delivers outstanding customer service. Wins new and lasting customer relationships
- Builds strong relationships with Onshore Contact Centre Heads and Regional Heads of Contact Centre. Leverages the relationships to help progress a cohesive approach to deployment synergizing improvement opportunities across RFI & CDD.
- The role holder will also act as the primary senior contact from Global Contact Centres for the RBWM Global Standards team.
- Develops actionable plans that are aligned with HSBC’s business strategies and works with the functional and global utilities to drive change in order to differentiate HSBC and its brand from competitors.
- Creates a vision for the contact centres which ensures future growth and sustainability in alignment with group objectives
- Is the voice of the Contact Centres at key country/ region committee meetings
- Initiates and rewards activities focused on delivering outstanding customer service and/ or improving customer advocacy
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Leads, coaches, inspires and develops others to deliver business performance.
- Role models HSBC’s values and instills trust in others
- Creates a motivated, highly skilled team to enable operations to meet business objectives
- Development of succession plan for all roles, ensuring continuity of service and operational excellence
- Provision of ongoing feedback to senior managers on the performance and progress review for managers
- Works collaboratively and communicates persuasively, emphasizing teamwork, diversity, and knowledge-sharing both within HSBC
- Create site specific OGSM including action plans re GPS/ engagement focus areas
- Undertake grievance and disciplinary appeal hearings as appropriate
- Knowledge of Group compliance, Operational Risk and SOX (Sarbanes- Oxley Requirements) for RBWM Centres
- Coordinates findings and resolutions of HSBC internal control audits
- Coordinates awareness programs and completion of all elements of Operational Risk associated with the role in compliance to SOX for contact centres
- Conducts audit the auditor duties within the contact centre as required
- Understand and ensure contact centre teams adhere to local regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or related field desired but not necessary dependent upon prevailing market conditions
- At least 10 years of relevant Management experience in financial services and/or contact centre operations is desirable
- Experience in financial products, high volume processing center operations, contact center operations, quality and production management, performance and process engineering
- Operational Risk Management experience
- Relationship Management, Operational Risk Management, Analytics, Performance Management, Service Excellence Customer Experience Focus and people focus
- A passion for delivering the overall operational balanced scorecard through engaged, empowered and well trained colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
- Proven leadership, motivational, analytical, planning communications, organizational, problem-solving, managerial, project management and customer service skills
- A high level of EQ coupled with the ability to set clear stretching goals for others and aspire them to achieve
- Thorough understanding of the call center concept and its importance in maintaining and expanding account relationships
- Problem solving and Decision making skills – PSDM with the ability to repond quickly and comminicate effective remedial plans if necessary
- Experience of coaching, mentoring, developing others and motivation skills
- Computer literacy (word processing, spreadsheets and database applications)
- Must be well organized, demonstrate initiative, and able to manage multiple projects
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Maintain document control and data integrity
- Operational thinker with the ability to link local initiatives to global objectives and to work within a matrixed organization
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
***Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (Guangdong) Ltd. GSC China***
Learn more about HSBC: https://youtu.be/TGVD_1gJU9o?list=PLGwUcoTj1_2rvUgUDnkz8zncNRqeK8xdU