Job DescriptionSTART DATE FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER - MAY 2019 (4 - 8 months)
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to grow your career!
.Front-End Developer Interns
Front-End Developer Interns are in demand across IBM's growth areas. You'll be matched and deployed to a development team in a strategic business, based on your offered location and fit. These are office-based positions in IBM locations including:
- Understand requirements, design, code, and test high-quality web and mobile apps
- Take wireframes from conception to implementation and design and improve user interfacing
- Work in frameworks such as: Backbone.js, Angular.js, React, Ember.js, Bootstrap, Node.js, and JQuery
- Are skilled in UI Development technologies such as HTML, CSS, Sass, and JSON
- Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking Methodology
- Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Agile development methodology
Opportunities in all locations will vary based on business demand What You’ll Do:
- Markham, ON
- Ottawa, ON
- Fredericton, NB
Who You Are:
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- You’ll employ IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- You’ll have an opportunity to work with a variety of relational databases (SQL, Postgres, DB2, MongoDB), operating systems (Linux, Windows, iOS, Android), and modern UI frameworks (Backbone.js, AngularJS, React, Ember.js, Bootstrap, Node.js, and JQuery).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You have a basic understanding of software development and programming languages.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Must have basic knowledge in one of the following technology areas: HTML, CSS, Sass, JASON,
- Backbone.js, Angular.js, React, Ember.js, Bootstrap, Node.js, and JQuery
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Bachelor’s Degree
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.