Job Description:This position will be a key part of the T-Mobile Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team responsible for forecasting, planning, and reporting of T-Mobile's Operational and Capital spend for the Product & Technology (P&T) organization. This individual will be the Face of FP&A in providing financial guidance and support to T-Mobile Leadership on the financial trends and operational drivers.
As a part of their daily activities, this individual will be required to interface with diverse groups within T-Mobile including, but not limited to, Technology teams, External Consultants, Accounting Partners as well as other peer groups within FP&A. Enhancing current modeling and forecasting processes and procedures will be a key element in the role. The ideal candidate will possess skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and have demonstrated the ability to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. The ideal candidate will also have a record of demonstrated success in a fast paced and flexible environment and ability to work well across organizations. Strong demonstrated modeling and forecasting skills are required.Responsibilities:
- Support budgeting, forecasting, month-end processes (e.g., Accruals, Re-classes, GAAP Principles, GL account analysis, capital spend analysis)
- Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for T-Mobile Technology spend against the allocated budgets
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, trended future requirements and operating forecasts
- Works internally and with strategic partners to ensure processes and procedures are in place for proper revenue reporting and forecasting
- Measure key financial performance indicators and provide actionable insights around trends, highlighting risks and opportunities to FP&A management, P&T Senior Management and other key T-Mobile business stakeholders
- 5+ years' experience in a forecasting and financial analysis role including KPI management and variance analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or a related area
- Understanding of Finance and Accounting principles. Knowledge of financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Experience building and managing complex models
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and reporting tools like Power BI / Tableau
- Experience using SAP/BPC, Hyperion, or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience of working in an ambiguous, fast paced, growing and ever-changing environment, requiring flexibility and creativity to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision, manage multiple priorities
- Superior communication, presentation, and organization skills; ability to communicate complex analytical findings in a clear and concise manner
- Strong ability to see the big picture and experienced with improving processes
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and think out of the box to create win-win solutions
- Proven record of being a strong team player that enables teams to be successful.
- Knowledge of data mining and analytics software preferred e.g. MS SQL Server, COGNOS/TM1, Teradata, MS Access etc.
- Wireless Telecom experience preferred
- Previous experience in developing business cases including alternative development/evaluation and making recommendations to upper management preferred
- MBA preferred
Minimum Qualifications: At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.