Requisition ID # 13778
Job Category : Accounting / Finance; Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology and Supply Chain
Job Location : Concord; San Francisco; Santa Rosa
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Technology (IT) is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively to deliver high quality technology solutions.
Provides planning, product, business, and operations management analysis and support in support of business decision making, strategy, and operations. Provides input, support, and analysis to general IT business processes. Assists in the development of a prioritized budget for the IT organization and works with other financial or data personnel to ensure accurate and timely operations, budget, and/or project management.
*This position’s HQ will be in any of the following: San Francisco, Santa Rosa or Concord. Travel to San Francisco will be required in the first 6 months.
General Business Analysis:
- Provide aggregated analysis and reports for business partners and IT leadership
- Prepare complex reports through gathering, analyzing and summarizing data and information; prepares presentation materials for management reports.
- Develops, designs and establishes reporting standards for department or organization
- Initiates, conducts, and coordinates studies and analysis on IT operations, projects, and/or financials
- Establish internal departmental controls
- Highlight variances from actual results and provide alerts on variances from plans/budgets
- Assess key risks and opportunities that may arise during the forecasts or planning period
- Provides recommendations to senior management and extended leadership with supporting analysis
- Acts as a lead and provides guidance to other staff
Financial Activities & Analysis:
- Work closely with manager(s), director(s), and financial support group on cycle forecasts, chargeback management, contract management, General Rate Case -GRC planning, and annual IT budget planning
- Responsible for timely and effective resolution of reporting issues and complex analysis
- Utilizes existing financial models and/or develops new models for analysis and reporting
- Creates performance indicators for management to review
- Establishes key planning control mechanisms including principles, governance, financial management and metrics.
- Plan and analyze a variety of complex metrics including cost of service and performance/quality analysis and provide explanations of variances
- Perform complex business analysis and identify processes that can be streamlined and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze, perform, and coordinate the calculations and communication of metric information for monthly releases
- Provide cost effective and robust resource models and scenarios that ensure optimal operational and financial performance
- Design, implement and distribute schedules that align resources to the forecasted demand & capacity
- Serves as the liaison between IT technical teams, resource manager, and human resources organization to develop and implement appropriate IT talent management activities.
- Perform analysis of staffing data to identify trends and recommendations to leadership
- Lead the coordination of asset, contract/license, and/or vendor management
- Develops asset management training for organization
- Works across IT organization to manage asset and/or contract management initiatives/projects
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules
- Performs level of expertise that allows the analyst to act as a recognized authority for a project or initiative.
- Serves as key technical resource to project managers to educate and assist with project management processes.
- Uses judgment and discretion on significant projects that are broad and complex in scope
- Work with project managers to raise issues that impact project success.
- Takes action and makes recommendations that impact achievement of department goals
- Ensures project control systems are in place and integrates project data for decision makers
- Organize and publish departmental and project-related documentation in various sources.
- Work on overall project planning through deployment on project schedules, cost, and scope deliverables
- Assist with deployment of complex projects
- Track baseline and project charges to ensure forecasts are on target
- Provides guidance to and mentors other analysts
- Analyzes project management tool systems for data accuracy and integrity
- Makes recommendations for process, data, and/or tool improvement; corrective action
- Assist in tracking issues and risks to resolution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 6 years of work experience in finance
- Experience in developing budgets
- Experience in business process
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®)
- Experience in Excel and other Microsoft Office Tools
- Experience with SQL, Python, VBA, Tableau