Job DescriptionIBM Global Business Services (GBS) is now hiring Entry-level Commercial Sector Designers.As an Entry-level Designer, you will join our world class leadership and development program designed to groom entry-level top talent into tomorrow’s leaders. You will focus on customer strategies by exploring opportunities to benefit from digital innovation, addressing customer needs and designing world-class digital customer experiences. You will create user experience designs and prototypes to test your ideas.
IBM GBS consultants help organizations fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent operations for great efficiency and transform entire enterprises through the use of cognitive. This is possible by taking advantage of IBM’s global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise.
We are looking for enthusiastic and digitally savvy candidates with the skills, creativity and passion to solve some of society’s most complex problems with your innovative thinking and ideas. We seek the best and brightest from all walks of life.
As a Designer entering into the early professional development program, you will have a unique experience and opportunity to grow and develop your skills while supporting various clients. The entry-level consultant development program was established to help you transform your consulting career with breadth and depth to remain agile in an ever-changing technological world. By providing you with a variety of project and role experiences and focused skills development opportunities, our consultants are prepared to successfully launch and accelerate their careers. New digital technologies along with cloud, mobile, analytics and cognitive computing are changing how we engage and work with one another. The entry-level consultant development program targets high performers and provides focused training, one-on-one mentoring, and career guidance to help you gain the expertise and know-how that you need to become future partners and executives.
Join IBM GBS and become part of something special:
What will you do as an IBM GBS Entry-level Designer?As a Designer Consultant, you will work on projects that help clients reinvent their digital footprint. You will evaluate the client and consumer needs and design user interfaces that meet and exceed digital expectations. You will have an opportunity to build a powerful portfolio of interesting and rewarding experiences. You can take advantage of opportunities to master new skills, work across different disciplines, move into new challenges and develop a robust understanding of different industries and supporting various clients. What do we look for in a successful IBM GBS Entry-level Designer?
- An elite leadership development program, unmatched in the marketplace
- Be part of a unique community connected with peers, project teams and other practitioners and leaders
- Foster your collaboration and teaming skills with globally accessible teams
- Develop a specialized skill set through experiential learning and a tailored education path
- Experience a variety of roles and projects, as well as peer-led initiatives
- Benefit from customized career planning and mentoring
Preferred Majors/Degrees:Graphic Designer, Web Designer, Graphic Artist, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Human Computer Interaction Opportunities available in the following locations:Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, New York, and San Francisco design studios IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship. Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3.2 GPA, above 3.2 strongly preferred
- Visual design experience, with a portfolio representing design artifacts and associated projects
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability, with willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems, even beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Thorough, design-focused, analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus despite conflicting demands
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
- Ability to communicate design approaches and complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Experience working with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, specifically PhotoShop and Illustrator.
- Background in Human-Computer Interaction / User Experience methodologies desired but not required
- Experience with working on customer platforms, mobile and other customer focused projects desired but not required
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 4 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements) but up to 100% if required.
- Reside within a reasonable commuting distance (generally 20 miles or less) of one of the following cities or willingness to relocate to: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, New York, or San Francisco.
Preferred degrees/majors:Graphic Designer, Web Designer, Graphic Artist, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Human Computer Interaction EO Statement
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.