Experience with industry standard VoIP technologies (SIP, H323, SCCP and MGCP)” and with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a Sr. Engineering position.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related IS technical field is required or the equivalent combination of education and pertinent/directly related experience.
• Relevant work experience as typically acquired in 6 to 8 years.
• Network infrastructure to include converged IP networks, Routers, Switches, Voice Gateways, VG224’s.
• Strong knowledge (i.e. routers and switches) and strong understanding of VoIP is required (i.e. various types of IP based voice products – Cisco CUCM and various legacy voice PBX vendors/products).
• Design dial plan schemes, trunking, transmissions and reporting of trunking and capacity metrics. Ability to adapt various systems and customer environments to a converged technology (i.e. convert a legacy TDM site to an IPT site).
• Extensive knowledge in VoIP transport such as, H.323, SIP, Inter Cluster trunking, Call Admission and Control mechanisms, centralization of call processing and trunking services and network policy enforcement (i.e. QoS).
• Experience in configuring Cisco IOS based media gateway devices for ISDN PRI connections, as well as an understanding of advanced IP to IP gateway functionality.
• Display knowledge in VoIP network sizing, EVPN networks, and COS traffic classifications.
• Prior experience with legacy PBX phone systems.
• Voice and data network company transport such as; T1/E1, IP using private line networks. Working knowledge of Video H.261 protocols and equipment, IPv4 addressing and router components and functionality.
• Familiarity with next generation technologies such as Unified Communications, Session Border Controller (SBC), and Session Management is a plus.
• IEEE, TIA/EIA Standards desired.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Handle multiple complex projects.
• Act as an advisor or mentor to junior colleagues.
• Work independently with minimal guidance.
• Effectively communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others in a team environment.