If you are looking to work on projects that are the organizational top priority for the company and are biased towards providing compelling end-user experience to improve customer satisfaction, look no further!
Responsibilities:What you'll do in the Role:
The Software Engineer will work with a team of other software developers, network and systems engineers to design, implement, and deploy software which meets customer's requirements, scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions and supports deployment in highly available environments
Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently develop a full software stack. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Interact with product owners and other engineers to define solutions and/or necessary requirements for automation.
Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by developing software solutions; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to coach associate level engineers as needed.
Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new application/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing designs and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Understands the creation of company IPR.
- Write high-quality code and lead/mentor others to do the same
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to define, design, and ship new features for the mobile applications for T-Mobile Tuesdays and restricted/dark projects
- Develop (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results
- Provide insight and guidance as part of code reviews and walkthroughs of technical specifications for internally developed product and partner developed product
- Analyze user stories and participating in sprint planning, scrums, demos and retrospectives
- Accountable for the performance, quality, usability, responsiveness, and telemetry of the application
- Review and update code to ensure quality, organization, and automation
- Provide oversight and direction to contractors working in different geographic locations
- Perform peer code reviews for immediate and related teams
- Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of system changes into production
- Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled system enhancements
- Collaborate/Partner with cross-functional teams for successful delivery of offers and application releases
- Contribute and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and address defects, including working with vendors and partners, of internally developed product and partner developed product
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience as a Software Engineer
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a full-stack developer
- Proficient with .NET technologies
- Understanding of multithreaded and multi-server solutions
- Experience with multiple storage techniques like relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Azure, AWS or other cloud service provider
- Extensive experience building scalable event-driven applications
- Experience with Rally, Confluence and other Atlassian tools
- Experience writing test automation
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working closely across a variety of teams including product management, interaction designers, and backend engineers
- Flexibility and adaptability in the face of rapidly changing environment
- High energy and self-motivated individual to work in a fast-paced environment
Minimum Qualifications: At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
Pre-employment background screenCompany Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.