Job Description:The role of a Software Engineer for the Analytics Technology Team at T-Mobile is to design, develop and maintain User Behavior data collection for all T-mobile's digital properties. You will be jointly designing and developing web-based applications for internal and external customers using latest web technologies, tag management system, SQL, Oracle, Java Script, JQuery, Ajax, JSON and Angular JS. You will engage in strategic planning to meet business requirements working with different product and other teams within and outside the company. The expectation is, you will meet Service Level Agreement and Software Engineering standards, working at the highest technical level during all phases of web-based development process. This role requires competency in the following areas, customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, being results focus and self-starter.
- Lead the requirements gathering, technical research and fact-finding to develop, perform feasibility analysis, enhance or modify web applications.
- Translate business requirements and objectives into documented technical specifications for technical applications and solutions.
- Responsible for design, development, deployment and maintenance of multi-tiered web applications using C#, Java Script, Angular JS, Browser Debugging tool, Visio, Tag Manager IDE and deployment tool.
- Apply experience with client-server and internet application architectures using following programming languages, software methodologies, framework & protocols: .Net framework with C#, ASP.net, HTML, XML, CSS, Web Form, user control, cross-browser compatibility, Object-Oriented Design, WCF service, Web Service, REST protocol architecture, MVC framework/pattern and Tag Manager IDE.
- Apply experience designing web applications interacting with RDBMS (Oracle or SQL server) and experience in database schema design, function & store procedure using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Create prototypes and functional specifications for software projects.
- Collaborate with engineering personnel on project specific details, new technologies, and project milestones and deadlines.
- Explore new Web technologies, including browsers, languages, framework and plug-ins based on company's needs to be evolve current implementation.
- Conceptualize long-term development requirements, product evolution, project plans, technical innovation and automation.
- Collaborate with Web-site performance team to enhance web page low latency using Google's and other web page performance tool.
- Collaborate with other team members in utilizing and prototyping current and emerging script technologies including JQuery, Java Script, Angular JS 2.0 and 4.0 and assist team members to resolve technical issues and assist team members to resolve technical issues.
- Implement, integrate and enhance 3rd party API integration using Tag Management system, Browser development, testing and debugging tool, Java Script and JQuery.
- Apply experience in configuration management, content management and web debugging application tool including VSS, Perforce, Accurev, Bugzilla, JIRA, SharePoint, Browser Developer toolbar.
- Review technical specifications and walkthrough the code with other members of the technical team, communicate design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications.
- Apply experience in reporting and analytics tool including Crystal Report and SQL server reporting service.
- Provide accurate estimates of effort required to develop new features, help leadership to decide return on investment and technical feasibility.
- Collaborate and partner with Enterprise Testing, Release Planning, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management and Application Support enterprise teams to successfully deliver systems enhancements.
- Apply experience in Telecom business terminology and domain knowledge.
- Minimum 5+ of professional experience in Software Engineering (SDLC), Web Applications, Mobile App Development.
- Self-starter, works with minimal supervision and adapts well in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Knowledge of Web and Mobile Analytics domain.
- Work experience with Relation SQL and NoSQL databases, data acquisition and data warehouse related services.
- Background in Marketing and Advertising Technologies.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
Master's Degree in in Computer Science.
Knowledge of Page Data Layer and Tag Management systems such as Ensighten, Tealium, Adobe DTM
Working experience with analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe, Coremetrics, etc.Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.