Job DescriptionYou and IBM IndiaIBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever. We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM. Join a brand with a history of continuous re-invention, transforming itself throughout its 100-plus years. In the past five decades alone, IBM has ushered in the eras of the mainframe, the personal computer, IT services and enterprise software. In its current transformation, IBM is once again leading the reordering of the technology industry. Business Unit IntroductionOur IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and lead an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. Be it groundbreaking outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services - IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services.Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.Who you areAs Storage Administrator for EMC NAS, you will responsible for L3 level Storage Management services and product support for various Storage boxes like EMC VNX, CLARIION, CELERRA and ISILON supported storage solutions across various accounts
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here. How we’ll help you grow:
- Maintain and Lead various storage solutions. Provide L3 Level technical support, guidance and direction for products supported
- Analyze and resolve called out problems. Ensure integrity of supported environment.
- Actively and pre-emptively figure out possible faults and causes by the execution of pre-determined health and operational checks
- Handle and resolve problems identified by sys admins or monitoring software. Work with change and problem management tools. Hardware /software fault detection and vendor liaison.
- Liaise with customer accounts as required. Analyze and resolve raised problems within target. Investigate, identify and document proposals that will improve application recoverability
We wish you great success in your career and encourage you to bring your best self to work with IBM.CultureIBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.Please Beware...Of misleading advertisements and fraudsters issuing 'Offer Letters', on behalf of IBM in exchange for a fee. We recommend you to Stay Alert. Read more here http://ibm.co/2fwBkyK. To avoid any instance of fraud, when receiving communication from IBM, look for this authentic IBM e-mail format: XYZ@in.ibm.com. Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to grow your expertise.
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to resolve really excites you.
Proven debugging and analytical skills with solid grasp of system development methodologies, techniques and toolPreferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience Storage Administration
- Experience in EMC VNX, CLARIION, CELERRA and ISILON Series for installation, configuration and upgradation administration on Windows, UNIX and Linux environments
- Hands-on experience in thin provisioning, Global Mirror and Metro Mirror.
- Proficient in understanding the storage products and advance troubleshooting and Disaster Recovery activities
- Ability to implement High Availability, Work Load Management and Fail Over, Disaster recovery.
- Expertise in designing, implementation, solutioning, client facing, implement standard methodologies and performance monitoring
- Working knowledge on EMC NAS Products
- Validated understanding of CISCO and Brocade Switches
- Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL)
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.