Job DescriptionIBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
We are currently recruiting for top talent in the area of PeopleSoft – Duty Managers. If you are on top of your profession and possess the following key skills, we invite you to apply to our openings.
- The CIC NS is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide – for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development – staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development.
The duty Manager must provide Ps Application Project Management support. The duty Manager will work in conjunction with the functional team leads and resources to ensure proper coverage during off hours and weekend. Activities will include project planning, scheduling, scope management, change management, issues management, risk management, quality management, problem solving and conflict-resolution, and status reporting.
The duty manager must have the following functional skills:
This role may involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- A good understanding of payroll and functional skills and experience
- Possess complex understanding of federal business practices and ability to analyze, evaluate, and implement/improve support processes
- Ensure adequate Batch Schedule coverage and adjust (if required).
- Deal with escalation during off hours and weekends (On Call)
- Coordinate between the technical and functional teams
- Approve maintenance releases and ensure successful implementation
- Provide status updates to the executives on critical payroll issues
- Ensure proper communication with the executives
- Provide RCA to the client
- Minimum 3-4 years work experience
PS2018 Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 4 years of experience operating as a mid-to senior-level human resources professional, working within a human resource group for a complex organization;
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience in implementing and/or upgrading core modules within the PeopleSoft HCM suite;
- Eligibility to obtain government clearance.
- At least 6 years of experience operating as a mid-to senior-level human resources professional, working within a human resource group for a complex organization;
- At least 6 years of hands-on experience in implementing and/or upgrading core modules within the PeopleSoft HCM suite;
- Experience with multiple modules is an asset;
- Currently hold government clearance.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.