Job Description:The device and supply chain organization is responsible for $10B+ annual spend on sourcing devices for T-Mobile, including T-Mobile and Metro PCS brands, managing over 60M devices on the network, as well as TMUS device technology innovations, forward logistics fulfilling 18k+ retail stores with phones, tablets, IoT devices, and accessories, to enable T-Mobile growth, and reverse logistics and repair operations for highest efficiency in T-Mobile supply chain.
We are currently seeking a strategic leader to lead the Supply Chain Analytics & Operations Research team. You will be leading a team of highly talented Operations Research Scientists and Senior Supply Chain Analytics Managers advising senior leaders of TMUS and D&SC executive leaders.Responsibilities:
- Provide optimization models and analytical and operational frameworks to guide supply chain decisions, operational excellence and financial goals. Routinely present to the SLT and other senior leaders in the company.
- Improve T-Mobile supply chain operations for increased efficiency, customer satisfaction & reach, and improved cash flow.
- Optimize supply chain processes through analytical frameworks, mathematical programming, simulation, and statistical models.
- Establish analytical frameworks to identify, evaluate, and drive alignment for supply chain innovation opportunities to enable state of the art customer experiences with highest efficiency.
- Be a key player in ensuring rapid delivery of products to the customers with minimal cost and minimal inventory through optimization of forward logistics, distribution, assortment, inventory allocation, and replenishment for device and accessories across all T-Mobile channels.
- Create optimization models for reverse logistics and repair planning to maximize profitability of device protection plans and ensure most efficient use of returned devices.
- Be the key leader in the D&SC organization to partner with T-Mobile marketing, commercial, retail, and customer care teams to drive alignment and success in T-Mobile device and supply chain opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in modeling unstructured and complex business problems with strategic, operational, and financial elements as abstract, mathematical models, driving change with the results across a large enterprise.
- Leadership experience managing highly skilled, effective operations research scientists and data analytics teams in Fortune 500 corporations.
- Excellent executive level communication skills, including ability to present strategy analytics results in a highly polished, succinct form, and ability to influence senior leaders, peers, and other organization members. Experience in creating senior executive level, focused presentations in MS PowerPoint.
- 5+ years' experience and domain knowledge in one or more of the following (or related) areas: wireless; subscription based business models (e.g. wireless, cable, supply chain optimization, logistics, capacity planning, inventory modeling & optimization, device financing and servicing programs like warranty, insurance, pricing).
- Demonstrated skills and experience in linear and non-linear optimization methods through the use of modeling languages and tools like GAMS, AIMMS, or CPLEX; simulation modeling (e.g. ARENA), statistical modeling (R, MiniTAB) software; developing and implementing optimization algorithms.
- Demonstrated skills in one or more of the following areas: mathematical/computer programming, prototyping, stochastic and deterministic optimization, simulation, data analysis/visualization, forecasting, statistical modeling, machine learning.
- Bachelors' Degree in a quantitative discipline, preferably Industrial Engineering, and Masters/PhD Degree in Operations Research, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering.
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Flexible, self-starter, and comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- Desire for a high level of responsibility and ownership and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, regardless of audience, medium, or forum
- Sees the big picture; understands the long-term and short-term perspectives of situations
- Optimistic and energetic leader who can create a positive working environment
- Collaborative, yet influential
- Analytical problem solver; applies multiple technical solutions to application operational problems
- Decisive leader who is able to move business forward quickly while balancing time, cost, and quality
- Energy and focus to succeed in a changing environment
- Able to balance risk adversity with creativity while engaging others
- Ability to convey a clear course and sense of direction and understand the external/internal environment
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.