Job Description:The Director, Segment Marketing reports directly to Maurice James, Senior Director, Integrated Marketing and is responsible for building and executing programmatic multi-channel segment plans, as well as local market strategy development. With a focus on creating integrated marketing plans, this leader will be instrumental in T-Mobileâ€™s unified and seamless experience for consumers to interact with the brand, driving traffic across all channels. In this newly structured team, the Director will manage and develop a team of 4 Segment Marketing Managers.Additionally, s/he will lead and drive strategy cross-functionally with various teams, to include key partner/peer teams in Commercial, Product, Marketing & Experience, Finance, Care and Retail.
- Establish the roadmap for targeted segments outlining goals, KPIâ€™s, storytelling/messaging and product marketing plan. Define the roadmap and program priorities based on a strong understanding of customer needs and in-depth data analysis.
- Develop short- and long-term vision, strategy and planning for the growth of local marketing channels.
- Lead the team in creating strategic marketing campaigns through a well-coordinated use of different promotional methods intended to drive customers to multi-channels including retail.
- Develop integrated multi-touch campaigns to drive demand among segments and target specific markets.
- Develop a proactive plan for supporting the core business, including building strategies & plans to exploit new consumer account growth opportunities in key local markets.
- Define a holistic approach to communication in marketing to ensure consistent messaging.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the organization to execute broader level marketing plans to support high level corporate strategies. Build and leverage relationships to effectively deliver integrated marketing strategies.
- Identify key business opportunities and develop the marketing plan including all aspects of marketing communication such as advertising, sales promotion, direct marketing, and social media, through their respective mix of tactics, methods, channels, media, and activities, so that all work together as a unified force.
- Partner with the Brand Positioning team to ensure all messaging and communications strategies are consistent across all channels and are centered on the customer.
- Conduct and lead ongoing prioritization and status of work.
- Expertly launch and review results of key initiatives. Measure success and learn from failures; coach to continuous improvement.
- Establish and lead a best in class marketing team, Implementing effective and consistent structure, processes, partner engagement models, and deliverables. Empower a team of drivers and decision-makers to maximize value to the organization.
- Lead with a test and learn mindset.
- Inspire, develop and mentor the team; ensure each employee understands the value they bring to the overall organization.
- Cultivate / foster teamwork, accountability, and consistency across deliverables.
PERSONALCHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- A high caliber Director level leader with 10+ yearsâ€™ experience and a strong track record of leading best in class Marketing teams.
- An experienced marketer who brings expertise in targeted marketing and segmentation, direct marketing (digital and offline), marketing strategy (including local strategy), marketing operations, media/media planning, and marketing campaign/program management.
- Strong project management skills, with an ability to design and deliver against a product roadmap.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field is required.
- Optimistic and highly energetic leader who can create a positive working environment
- Decisive leader who is able to move business forward quickly while balancing time, cost, and quality
- Strong business acumen
- Able to interact with senior leadership with confidence and ingenuity; excellent executive presence
- Strong ability to navigate and lead cross-functionally, across all levels. Collaborative and communicative
- A change agent
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has the ability to rapidly redirect according to Un-carrier strategy demands
Company Profile:As Americaâ€™s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: â€œTMUSâ€?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyâ€™s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.