As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comIn this highly creative and strategic position, the Director is responsible for the integration of retail and customer engagement strategy into overall store design, a role where the intersection of design, customer behavior and sales operations is expertly defined. This position leads the Retail Store Concept Design and Visual Merchandising teams, with specific focus on evolving the Un-carrier retail experience and re-thinking traditional product placement strategy, customer journeys and demo experiences.
The Director will deliver intuitive and unexpected retail environments where product, in-store messaging, digital and interactive experiences come together in a unique and highly effective way to drive an unparalleled connection between our Frontline and Customers. In this role, the Director will develop new and/or evolve existing retail concepts, including updates to existing customer engagement strategy, bubble plans, and new fixture development.
The Director will be a part of a dynamic, creative team interacting with cross-functional partners to ensure that T-Mobile's visual standards are continuously challenged and elevated. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to drive the following in a complex and often ambiguous environment.
While the quality and accomplishments of a person's career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in related field is required
- A passion for retail, with an eye on innovation and technology
- A minimum of 12 years demonstrated Visual Merchandising experience with expertise in product placement, design and customer experience strategy
- Working knowledge of design/build process including exterior signage, construction, permitting and installation
- Direct experience as a partner in developing and shaping retail design strategy
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat preferred
- Proficiency in interior design a strong plus
- Ability to collaborate with Accessories and 2D creative team to ensure store strategy supports visual merchandising, interactive and demo executions strategy
- Project management strength: able to plan, prioritize, organize and delegate work effectively
- Proven strength in problem analysis and decision-making
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Visionary & inspirational: articulate the future vision for stores, communicate and motivate others on that path
- Strategic: finds solutions that integrate business and brand objectives
- Highly creative: initiate and promote fresh, innovative and unexpected ideas that drive the business
- Strong leader: be able to lead leaders, be a leader with peers and manage up
- Articulate: excellent written and verbal skills
- Influential: Ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels of influence
- Direct experience managing creative partner relationships
- Style-maniac with a devotion to trends in colors and finishes, interior and industrial design and fashion/pop-culture
- Some travel required
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Lead the development of new retail concepts, ranging from entirely new store designs to individual zones, fixtures, displays and interactive areas, maintaining design consistency and production integrity across all store types.
- Partner with Architects, Real Estate, Purchasing and Finance to assure timely and cost-effective project completion.
- Design of scalable, versatile product displays to support wide range of product launches, events and promotions across complex and diverse fleet of stores.
- Visual merchandising guidelines and overall visual expression of the brand.
- Oversee and create layout strategy across all store-types, developing guidelines partnership with Visual Merchandising and Creative teams.
- Must consistently challenge, test and evolve the role of the retail space, its layout and associated customer engagement points including product placement, messaging strategy, interactive digital integration and Un-carrier impact in the marketplace.
- Ensure that all projects quickly evolve in response to changing business conditions, design prototypes, budgets, etc.
- Responsible for establishing strategic direction and building organizational talent.
- Accountable for setting performance direction, delegating, motivating, holding others accountable and coaching and developing others.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.