Director of Child Care Data Anlytics, Bureau of Childcare - 331229
The Bureau of Environmental Surveillance and Policy (BESP) is seeking a Director of Child Care Data Analytics to work on its multi-disciplinary team, which applies data and research to improve environmental health services, policies and prevention programs. BESP conducts operational surveillance and data management for the Bureau of Child Care (BCC) to help further its mission to improve and expand access to quality child care services across the city.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
--Developing, refining and maintaining data algorithms to assign risk, provide reports, establish metrics, and monitor performance in order to accomplish targeted goals for child care inspections and also enhance the effectiveness of surveillance measures.
--Managing and expanding routine surveillance with inspectional data for state-regulated facilities, including building upon existing relationships with state partners and exploring innovative technology options to improve efficiency.
--Initiating new research projects with child care data, including assessment of educational quality associated with health and safety risk levels, and analysis of inspector variation in program assessment.
--Leading ongoing end-user report development and maintenance, as well as enhancement of the child care analytic database, and conducting data quality assurance.
--Contributing to exploratory analyses on critical environmental health topics and also providing related written reports and conducting presentations on research findings as applicable.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. For Assignment Level I (only physical, biological and environmental sciences and public health) A master's degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological or environmental science or in public health.
To be appointed to Assignment Level II and above, candidates must have:
1. A doctorate degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and one year of full-time experience in a responsible supervisory, administrative or research capacity in the appropriate field of specialization; or
2. A master's degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and three years of responsible full-time research experience in the appropriate field of specialization; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least a master's degree in an appropriate field of specialization and at least two years of experience described in "2" above. Two years as a City Research Scientist Level I can be substituted for the experience required in "1" and "2" above.
Appointments to this position are subject to a minimum probationary period of one year.
--Experience leading research/surveillance projects and staff
--Demonstrated applied public health experience
--Knowledge and experience in writing SQL database queries
--Knowledge and experience in use of statistical analysis software, such as SAS or R
--Experience and interest in, as well as desire to, work with field-collected, operational datasets
--Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel
--Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
**IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL CANDIDATES:
Please note: If you are called for an interview you will be required to bring to your interview copies of original documentation, such as:
• A document that establishes identity for employment eligibility, such as: A Valid U.S. Passport, Permanent Resident Card/Green Card, or Driver’s license.
• Proof of Education according to the education requirements of the civil service title.
• Current Resume
• Proof of Address/NYC Residency dated within the last 60 days, such as: Recent Utility Bill (i.e. Telephone, Cable, Mobile Phone)
Additional documentation may be required to evaluate your qualification as outlined in this posting’s “Minimum Qualification Requirements” section. Examples of additional documentation may be, but not limited to: college transcript, experience verification or professional trade licenses.
If after your interview you are the selected candidate you will be contacted to schedule an on-boarding appointment. By the time of this appointment you will be asked to produce the originals of the above documents along with your original Social Security card.
The federal government provides student loan forgiveness through its Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) to all qualifying public service employees. Working with the DOHMH qualifies you as a public service employee and you may be able to take advantage of this program while working full-time and meeting the program’s other requirements.
Please visit the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program site to view the eligibility requirements:
Apply online with a cover letter to https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/. In the Job ID search bar, enter: job ID number # 331229.
We appreciate the interest and thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The NYC Health Department is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and culturally responsive workforce. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender and gender non-conforming persons to apply.
All applicants will be considered without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, age, prior record of arrest; or any other basis prohibited by law.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.