Performs specific duties related to patient meal services including tray line, call center, room service assist, and delivery to patient care areas, complying with regulatory requirements and standards of practice developed by the Food Service Department.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Receives diet orders from the electronic medical record and maintains current diet order in the automated diet office system; CBORD
- Checks trays on tray line for accuracy, temperature, and appearance
- Delivers patient meal trays, nourishments, floor stocks and provides individualized assistance/service to patients on assigned nursing units
High School Diploma or equivalent. Completion of a college level nutrition couirse desired. Sufficient previous experience in healthcare food service if combined with minimum education requirements.
At least 6 months work experience as a hospital diet clerk with experience in assisting patients in selecting meals according to their prescribed diet modifications, preferred.
- Basic computer skills to include keyboarding, mouse movement, run reports and data entry skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks in order to complete assignments within the time allotted and maintain standard workflow
- Ability to work with others in a flexible, cooperative manner
- Communication and active listening skills; including excellent interpersonal skills
- Bilingual in one other language is desired for this role to better serve the community and patient population