Sutter Lakeside Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital serving the health care needs of residents of Lake County and its surrounding communities. Our beautifully landscaped campus houses medical-surgical beds, an intensive care unit and a new 29.000 square foot state-of-the-art emergency room and surgical center. Other specialized care services are offered through our Family Birth Center, Physical Therapy Center, and Family Medicine Clinic.
The performance profile includes the job description and related competencies. This list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and conditions is descriptive of the current job and is not exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed as circumstances change (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel/workload, or technical development).
· Produces diagnostic quality scans and tests to demonstrate presence or absence of disease, progress of fetal growth, interventional procedures such as aspirations and biopsies, and non-invasive vascular exams for subsequent evaluation by attending physicians and radiologists.
Education/ Knowledge, including Licensure/ Certification/ Registration
· Current ARDMS Certification or eligible. Current BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
· Must maintain licensing in accordance with accreditation guidelines.
· Sonographer I: One to three (1-3) years’ ultrasound work experience, including clinical training in an acute care facility and/or imaging center is prefered.
· Sonographer II: Three to five (3-5) years’ ultrasound work experience in an acute care facility is required.
· Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision. Must have full working knowledge of ultrasound equipment, scan methods, normal/abnormal anatomy, clinical conditions encountered in abdominal, OB/GYN.
· Requires knowledge of ultrasound physics and cardiovascular hemodynamics. Responsible for assessment, treatment and care of patients of all ages including neonatal, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric.