Requisition ID # 15007
Job Category : Nuclear Generation
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Nuclear Generation
Job Location : San Luis Obispo
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders. DCPP’s mission is to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe, reliable, and excellent operational performance; embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment; proactively learn from ourselves and others; and enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public’s trust and confidence in nuclear power.
This is an IBEW Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E.
The position will provide administrative assistance to an assigned department at Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP).
You must be able to work overtime with very little notice. You may be asked to work overtime during outages which occur one to two times annually for four to eight weeks at a time. You may be asked to support the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) by taking on assigned responsibilities while at work or be called in while away from the Plant during actual emergencies.
To obtain and maintain employment and unescorted access at DCPP, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check, psychological screen, computer-based training, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Enter data into scheduling and time collection and reporting systems
- Enter/update information in plant databases
- Prepare, file, audit, and index documents including records
- Scan documents to electronic file format
- File/maintain/audit procedures and drawings
- Copy and distribute documents
- Distribute company and USPS mail
- Maintain job aids
- May be required to determine dose histories, issue and control ThermoLuminescent dosimeters (TLD’s), maintain NRC dose records, log employees into radiological controlled areas, and read and re-zero dosimeters.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license or ability to obtain one by first day of employment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds a minimum of one time a day
- Internal PG&E employees: Must have qualified on the Clerical Test Battery (CTB) exam prior to applying and must qualify on Typing test (35 wpm) prior to interview
- External and hiring hall applicants: Must qualify on the Clerical Test Battery (CTB) exam and typing test (35 wpm) prior to interview
-Lives within 50 miles of headquarters
- 1 year of clerical or administrative support experience
- Demonstrated clerical experience at DCPP
- Basic proficiency with business software products (Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, Adobe Acrobat, etc.).
- Excellent work ethics
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and team player
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a high pressure, fast paced environment