Job Description:Data Scientist - Reporting & Analytics
T-Mobile is looking to add an exceptional contributor to the Payments Strategy & Operations (PSO) team who will help drive payment strategies. This team is responsible for over $35 billion in annual customer payments. We are constantly looking for opportunities to improve the customer experience through new and innovative payment methods. Payments and mobile are growing increasingly more connected and now is an exciting time to join a fun and dynamic team at the carrier that is revolutionizing the telecom industry.
PSO Vision Statement: We embody the un-carrier spirit by delivering innovative and trusted payment experiences.
Reporting to the Sr Manager of Reporting & Analytics, the Data Scientist is responsible for developing collaborative partnerships with multiple business lines across the organization to deliver actionable insights for decision makers. The Data Scientist is a knowledgeable leader who is passionate about not only predictive modeling, but possesses a strong vision of how data science can create value for our customers and stakeholders as well. In addition to developing new statistical reports and predictive models, the Data Scientist will be responsible for making enhancements based on evolving business requirements. This role is instrumental in supporting a culture of challenging the status quo' by developing and maintaining a positive learning environment through collaborative partnerships.
- Coordinate with Reporting & Analysis and Data Modeling teams to extract data and assist operations with identifying areas of opportunity for payment related processes.
- Develop and automate insight-driven reporting, incorporating statistical techniques where appropriate.
- Become an expert in one or more payment areas and their underlying data, to both answer adhoc requests and propose potential enhancements to the payment process.
- Evaluate the work of others to both learn new techniques, and ensure the team maintains a high standard for quality and accuracy.
- Use traditional queries and statistical techniques to accurately identify and quantify opportunities for increased efficiency throughout the business.
- Support the Sr Data Scientist in scoping, planning, and gathering requirements for new work.
- 3+ years of experience with statistical reporting and predictive modeling.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and a high-degree of technical proficiency with SQL and a data visualization tool such as Tableau or Power BI. Teradata and/or SAS is a strongly preferred.
- Experience with statistical analysis and modeling software such as Python, R, and/or SAS.
- Experience with various model validation techniques such as out-of-sample, out-of-time, and k-fold cross-validation.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment; ability to work both independently and within the context of a team.
- Must be able to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization to ensure that deliverables align with business objectives.
- Ability to interpret, synthesize, and effectively communicate complex analysis in a way that enables you to provide actionable insight to upper level management.
- Strong critical-thinking, organizational, and time management skills.
- Wireless industry and electronic payments experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or related analytical field; Master's degree is preferred.
Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.