Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM's Industry Marketing team strives to increase IBM's relevance to new buyers in all lines of business. Leveraging IBM's distinct industry capabilities, we aspire to help our clients fundamentally transform their businesses. We are seeking Content Producers to help us communicate the future of industry as it relates to AI, cloud, IoT and blockchain. Want to work in a fast-paced organization with vast room for innovation? Want to be part of a company where science and creativity collide to help change the world?
Content Producers also provide real-time updates and recommendations for optimization and innovations. The keys to this role are excellent project management skills and flexibility, as well as an ability to be micro-focused and a sharp macro-thinker simultaneously. This person should be inherently curious as a digital consumer who understands the modern content landscape. They must have significant experience in the production of content that drives innovative customer experiences. They must understand how content and experiences compel action, and how to respond to buyer, market, and channel evolutions and changes. This role reports to the Editor-in-Chief of Content.
Editorial Content Production:
You are a savvy, creative and experienced technology writer who knows and understand the mechanics of our industry, has experience with producing B2B branded content and writing about marketing campaigns. We are an award-winning creative team that produces Industrious Magazine
(Folio: and The Drum awards for editorial and design excellence) among many other initiatives, including the industries blog
- Generate story and articles ideas to tell the IBM Industries story
- Write and produce copy from anything to a tweet to a 1,000-word deep dive on an industry trend
- Maintain IBM Industries editing standards at all time, including accuracy and creativity
- Work collaboratively with fellow editors and IBM teams across business units and geographies
Content Strategy: Support content strategy for Business Unit marketing campaigns by tracking performance and recommending optimizations to the content and the overall customer experience.
Content Ideation: Inform the ideation process with best practices and scope recommendations including budget, timelines and production needs. Inform the ideation process with talent recommendations. Provide POVs regarding content formats, innovations, engagement, performance, distribution and other trends to help shape ideas and inform the ideation process.
Talent Strategy: Understand the audience and the talent that will influence each audience throughout the buyer journey. Develop talent strategies for how to leverage talent / thought leaders / influencers in end-to-end campaigns.
Workflow Management: Upload, monitor, develop, and measure content using our workflow management tool (e.g. Kapost). Deliver assets to relevant teams for completion, tagging and flighting.
Optimize Content: Oversee the execution of ongoing content optimizations. Partner with the campaign management team to ensure that content optimizations are done in the context of the overall campaign and the demand generation funnel. Recommend what changes need to be made to improve the ROI of the campaign.
Must be able and willing to travel to Armonk, NY for meetings with Industry Marketing executives and team members.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
Be yourself. https://www.ibm.com/industries/industrious
MC18Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience as a writer / reporter / editor with demonstrated interest in technology and business
- Passion for the art of conceiving and shaping stories
- Ability to juggle deadlines, multiple stories, and competing priorities
- 3+ years of experience in a content production role preferably at an agency, new media company or brand content studio or publisher
- Candidates must live in or around New York City, NY
- Must be able to travel 20% to 50% to meet with BU personnel, key content and agency partners, etc
- Must be able and willing to travel to Armonk, NY, for meetings with Industry Marketing executives and team members
- Degree in the (Digital) Arts, (Visual) Communications, Journalism, English or other closely-related creative writing and/or design field
- Deep understanding of the content ecosystem, and how talent creates content, and supports its distribution
- Excellent organizational skills, and willingness to track all content progress in one of our content tools like Kapost
- Experience in print media production
- Passionate about taking a new-media approach to content: using data to inspire ideas
- Understanding of the tools used in professional production (including pre- & post-production), Mac, PC, MS Office Suite, Keynote, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Html, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite (v.5), etc
- Passionate about using data, platforms and tools to identify and track talent
- Committed to flawless execution
- Understands the basic terms of negotiation
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.