- This exempt, salaried position supports T-Mobile's Content Services strategy by providing concise, accurate, and effective content to multiple channels and websites for both employees and customer-facing documentation.
- The Content Owner is responsible for maintaining Web documents (including creating, editing, and archiving) for assigned topic areas, addressing user feedback, and delivering communications to call center employees.
- In addition to these daily tasks, the Content Owner also supports departmental and smaller, enterprise initiatives.
Responsibilities:Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Delivers clear, concise, relevant, and accurate content to internal and external audiences. Content includes policies and procedures, how-to steps, product/offer overviews, technical troubleshooting information, and FAQs
- Develops, edits, and publishes content within T-Mobile's frontline and customer-facing websites and/or social properties
- Consistently applies formatting and style standards across multiple audiences and websites
- Applies Search (SEO) best practices to help ensure content findability
- Participates in cross-functional project teams to ensure content requirements are met, identifies content impacts, ensures consistency between channels, and establishes milestones
- Determines location, organization, and navigation of content in alignment with the defined content strategy
- Manages content lifecycle for assigned areas, including inventories, audits, and archiving outdated or irrelevant content to ensure site health
- Acts as Content Services lead for departmental and smaller, enterprise initiatives
- Shift priorities and makes judgment calls to ensure deadlines are met for multiple projects (issue resolution)
- Functions as Subject Matter Expert for assigned topic areas
- Educates team and business partners on content best practices, publishing processes, and quality standards
- Creates communication plans for departmental and smaller, enterprise initiatives. Communicates status and manages deliverable expectations with all stakeholders
- Communicates business, content, and policy changes to frontline employees (internal) and customers via news articles, blogs, emails, team meeting agendas, leadership calls, and/or customer talking points
- Ensures content is effective by editing Web documents to address user feedback (discussion threads, document comments, focus groups, recorded calls, and surveys)
- 1+ years' experience in a technical writing or technical editing position
- 1+ years' experience writing/editing for the Web or other digital media
- 1-2 years project management experience
- Ability to flex working hours to meet business needs
- Experience with HTML or content management systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to write technical, complex, or procedural concepts in simple language
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to write clear, concise, and accurate messages for a variety of audiences while adhering to an established style
- Proven ability to edit for completeness, organization, consistency, style, and grammar (developmental edit).
- Demonstrated application of consistent editorial standards and standardized content tone and voice.
- Ability to confer with subject matter experts and observe activities in order to communicate operating procedures and detail
- Proven time-management and organizational skills
- Experience with Jive (Social Business Software) and/or Web content management systems
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and diplomacy skills required to effectively manage relationships with diverse internal and external contacts
Minimum Qualifications: At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.Company Profile:As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE Statement:We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.