Job DescriptionIBM is seeking graduates or students in scientific faculties interested to transform the business with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Data Scientist Interns extract knowledge or insights from structured or unstructured data. They draw upon the practice of data analysis, using predictive analytics, data mining, pattern recognition, data modeling, machine learning and various statistical methods in order to help solve large scale optimization problems and to understand the meaning behind vast data sets.What You’ll Do:
Who You Are:
- You will implement and validate predictive models and create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
- You will use statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights.
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, and data stewards of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You are great at solving problems; debugging; troubleshooting; and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You have technical and analytical abilities and some experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python.
- You have a knowledge of statistical programming in a language such as R or Python.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics.
- Strong technical and analytical abilities and some experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python.
- Statistical programming in a language such as R or Python.
- Attitude and interest in a consultant career.
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills.
- Good relational skills.
- Fluent English speaking.
- Master in Data Science.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights.
- Adaptability, Communication, Creativity, Problem Solving, Taking Ownership, Teamwork and Collaboration.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.