This is an exciting management role with responsibility to lead a team of young developer advocates who will engage developers, startups and partners through events, meetups, training programs, co-working spaces and more. This individual is a technical leader with a strong business focus, experience driving developer advocacy, developer evangelism, developer relations and building developer communities. The ideal candidate has a strong visionary and collaborative leadership style with a deep understanding of developers, developer technologies and application development trends.
- Lead a team of developer advocates to plan and execute activities to engage with developers
- Engage in local developer community and become an advocate for IBM Cloud
- Extend the reach in the developer community by partnering with developer and community influencers, technical communities, accelerators, incubators etc.
- Drive IBM Cloud user registrations and retain those developers on the platform
- Work with Cloud Technical Team to run activities targeting Enterprise developers in selected clients
- Onboard startups to IBM Global Entrepreneur Program that provides cloud credits and technical mentorship
- Contribute on digital and social platforms with developer-related IBM content
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software/application development and coding
- A track record of actively participating in and engaging with open source and technical communities
- Understanding of a wide range of modern cloud, IoT, and AI concepts and architectures
- Demonstrated experience of advocacy for a technology, brand or cause
- Great communication skills, including writing and speaking to technical audiences