The Cardiac Nurse Practioner/ Physician Assistant (Cardiac NP/PA) Heart Failure Specialist coordinates the care of cardiac patient. This care includes evaluation, education, treatment and follow-up, using an organized multi-disciplinary team approach to provide continuity of care throughout the continuum. The incumbent also participates in clinical effectiveness/research studies and community outreach activities. Population served includes adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education Required:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with an Adult or a Family Nurse Practitioner; with possession of, or eligible to apply for, a furnishing number to dispense or
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant, with possession of, or eligible to apply for, a furnishing number to dispense.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Previous experience as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in an outpatient or inpatient cardiac setting and previous experience in cardiac related research studies is preferred.
- Knowledge of current cardiac medical practice, knowledge of adult educational planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are necessary.
- Clinical research skills, basic computer skills (access, enter and retrieve data; Word, and Excel skills preferred).
- Must be able to work with autonomy, adaptability, flexibility and maintain composure during pressures and adverse conditions and work as an effective team member in a collaborative role with other disciplines.
- Moderate physical effort.
- Must have body mechanics knowledge to safely move/handle equipment or office supplies.
- The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant may be required to provide on-call-24-hour coverage.