Job DescriptionIBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.As a senior Test Automation Specialist, you will design, build test scripts and deploy effective testing solutions. You will be responsible for applying automated tools to support testing of applications across all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). You will evaluate the functional and non-functional requirements for testability, test cases and use cases for suitability for automation. You will assist the development of the test automation strategy and focus specifically on maximizing reuse for regression purposes. You will also identify regression testing needs and create and maintain automated regression suites as required. You will customize / upgrade automation framework(s) as need be. You will support the test team by recommending tools and processes to automate other test activities, such as test management, reporting, test data generation and defect management. You will provide timely project related data as required in applicable systems and ensure timely reporting and response to stakeholders.The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our East Lansing center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel approximately 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in or be willing to relocate near Baton Rouge, Louisiana. This is not a work from home position.BENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
gbscicbr Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience2-3 years of experience in creating Test Automation framework
- At least 3 years experience in creating automation testing strategy/test plan and automation design documents
- At least 3 years experience in standard test methodologies like SDLC , Agile etc.
- At least 2 years experience in scripting with languages like Java, C# etc.
- At least 2 years hands on experience in developing automation test scripts as also in creation of test automation framework and design.
- Good knowledge of BDD, TDD, and automation tool sets and different test processes and methodologies.
- Experience in core JAVA, Selenium, Appium, TestNG, jUnit.
- Experience in Performance test Tools Load Runner, JMeter etc.
- Experience in Continuous testing and DevOPS tools like Jenkins, Maven, GIT , etc
- Understanding of the OOP concept
- Experience in Mobile Testing, API Testing
- Experience in writing Database queries using SQL
- Excellent client interaction and communication skills.
1- 2 years of experience in Performance Testing.
At least 2- 3 years experience in the creation of automation testing strategy/test plan and automation design documents
At least 3 years experience in Software testing for established methodologies such as Agile Continuous Integration/Development
Hands on experience with mySQL, Jenkins, Maven, SVN and SauceLabs
3 years experience in scripting language
3 years hands on experience in creating automation scripts.
Good REST/SOAP UI & API Testing Experience.
5 years of Overall IT ExperienceEO Statement
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.