Job DescriptionAs a Senior Backend Developer you will help bring digital applications to life by creating the robust enterprise platforms to support rich and interactive front ends. Your expertise in designing and building modern high performance, reliable enterprise Java applications allows you to build the services, integration, data, analytics and algorithms required to support next generation experiences. You interface with enterprise architects and delivery teams to shape, estimate, and define the programs that turn ideas and prototypes into fully functional systems.Required Technical and Professional ExpertiseThis role requires Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the following technology capabilities:
Preferred Tech and Prof ExperienceThis role also involves the following:
- Experienced in Java enterprise applications technology stack; Spring, Webservices, REST, Hibernate, Apache CAMEL advantageous
- Experienced with main stream RDMS systems particulary MySQL, Oracle and MS-SQL
- Knowledge of Maven builds and continuous integration and testing
- Advanced knowledge of object oreinted programming and associated design patterns
- Hands on experience in Tomcat/Jboss server environments
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in delivering projects using Agile methods and tools such as Jira.
- Provide thought leadership to the business around innovative technology lead solutions
- Provide thought leadership to the team around new approaches, workflows and technologies.
- Knowledge of technology trends, including but not restricted to front end & back end technologies, Rapid Prototyping, Behavior Driven Development, trends in Social Networking/Media, Video and Streaming
- Performs quality review of project deliverables. Leads work sessions and deliverable presentations with client team members.
- People Management: Mentors junior consultants, engagement managers and other more junior delivery consultants on the proposal and/or delivery teams as appropriate.
- Competency: Recognized as an expert in their competency and/or specific offerings.
- Teamplayer, client-facing, results-oriented, strong communicator, can-do attitude and comfortable working in a highly flexible, agile and collaborative environment
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.