Praxair, Inc., a global, Fortune 300 firm, is the largest industrial gases company in North & South America, and one of the largest worldwide, with operations in more than 50 countries and over $11 billion in sales. The company produces, sells, and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings to a diverse group of industries. Praxair is a performance leader in its industry and has been recognized for outstanding growth and profitability.
We currently have an exciting opening for a Corporate Accounting Analyst to join our Corporate Accounting team in Danbury, CT. This position will have direct involvement and accountability for key elements of Praxair's corporate close process, worldwide consolidation and SEC reporting activities including:
- Significant involvement in the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings, including the preparation of footnotes to the financial statements and XBRL tagging requirements
- Assist in the quarterly earnings release process including the preparation of earnings release financial tables and review/tie-out of press release and related financial data
- Participate in quarterly teleconference with field locations to review business specific accounting issues, upcoming reporting requirements and recently issued accounting literature
- Assist in the maintenance of the Corporate Financial Policies Manual including the update and/or development of new policies as needed
- Perform monthly corporate close and consolidation procedures which may include the following:
Monthly closing entries, account reconciliations and analysis
Intercompany validation procedures, account analysis and dispute resolution
Preparation and review of consolidated cash flow statement
Review and elimination of equity investments
Rollforward of equity
Analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts for significant fluctuations
Maintenance of monthly reporting calendars and related reporting requirements
Ongoing compliance with control procedures for Sarbanes-Oxley and maintenance of procedural documentation
- Assist in worldwide (U.S., IFRS, and local) GAAP support by performing research on technical accounting issues and ad hoc transactions as needed
- Work with/ interact with multiple business units, Corporate departments and internal & external auditors
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 3-4 years' of public accounting or equivalent private industry experience required. Public accounting experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required
- Experience with Oracle (J.D. Edwards and Hyperion) software a plus