Job DescriptionIBM is the world's largest business consulting, technology and services company. Completing an Internship at IBM will give you practical, on-the-job experience. You get great exposure to a global corporate environment working in a team of friendly professionals. IBM has an Australian wide Intern Network that provides opportunities to network, meet executives and participate in social events.
Internships are 12 months in tenure and will commence in March 2019.
Work with the GBS Head of Marketing, GBS Business and alongside the wider IBM marketing function, to build the markets awareness and preference for our Global Business Services business in both the Australian and New Zealand markets. The team leverage the resources of both local and global IBM marketing capabilities to consistently capture and anticipate new market opportunities. · GBS website management – including marketplace, capability pages, sales campaign pages, industry pages and blog content
· GBS content development – planning, creating and disseminating GBS content aligned to GBS eminence transformation strategy (incl long form articles, blogs and social media posts)
· GBS account based marketing support
- Assist with podcast series - research, writing briefs, scripts, briefing clients, and editing
- Assist with board program event series - briefing, execution
· Support product and services marketing strategies
· Research industry trends - evaluate emerging trends
· Assist with market segmentation
· Assess competitors
· Coordinating corporate hospitality program – manage GBS calendar, GBS ticket allocation, delivery and feedback
· Organising ad hoc GBS events – for example global SME visits
- Assistance with data analysis and report building
- Internal roles
· The skills (technical and non-technical, see below) are not at a graduate level and can be met by a university student in the second or third year of their marketing / business / psych degree, also those with some work experience
· Continuity is needed in the role vs a rotation, marketing programs are not quarterly and need more continuity than a rotation
· Technical skills to perform the task are as follows
o Digital Marketing knowledge and/or experience
o Strong business writing skills
o Strong presentation skills
o Analytic capability
o Critical & lateral thinking skills
o Judgement, decision making and co-ordination skills
o Microsoft office suite – specifically PowerPoint and Excel
· Non-technical skills to perform the task are as follows
o Relationship-building and communications skills
o Drive and passion for excellence
o Thirst for continuous learning and upskilling
o Team player
o Self-driven with the ability to work autonomously when required
Duration: 12 months. Full time
Additional Important Information:
• Candidates are advised to populate their preferred email ID for the hiring process communication purpose
• Candidates are advised to provide a complete Cv which outlines the required requirements(Example: Citizenship/PR status, Current/Latest Weighted Average Mark or Grade Point Average score/ Education Background/Work experiences)
• All applicants are required to check their email ID (1) business day after applying online to undergo an IPAT test. (MANDATORY TEST) Instructions for the test will be outlined in the email.
We believe true innovation is driven by diversity, so in order to uphold our reputation as an industry-leading enterprise, we rely on people from different backgrounds, different perspectives and different attitudes. So come on board and join us as we enter a new era for our industry – and our planet.
For more information about IBM's internship program:
Have a question you'd like to ask?
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ibmcareersanz
To apply and fast track your application:
-Upload your CV, cover letter, academic transcript and your Right to Work document (AU/NZ passport, citizenship/birth certificate and photo identification). Required Technical and Professional ExpertisePreferred Tech and Prof ExperienceEO Statement
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.